Merged: dolphins suffer cubs curse............./Loss to Pats Marlins Fault | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: dolphins suffer cubs curse............./Loss to Pats Marlins Fault

finsrclowns

finsrclowns
Reaction score
Loss to Pats Marlins Fault

Look, I know you guys are in no mood to hear this, but the fact that there was no grass on the field for both kicks is the reason you lost yesterday's game. Of course there always is grass at this time of year on the infield except in the unlikely event the Marlins are still playing, which of course they are.

On the first kick, the block happened because Richard Seymour got a much bigger push than he would normally because it's hard for the O-linemen to dig in firmly on dirt.

The second kick he was no doubt thinking about the first kick being blocked, and again it's a lot harder to kick off dirt than grass. Don't get me wrong Mare's a pro and he should have made the kick anyway, but the fact is if there was grass on the field he makes either one 19 out of 20. Practically money in the bank.

If he makes either one there'd be a lot loss gnashing of teeth about coaching and QB play on this board also.

There would be a lot less moaning and groaning but Mare should have made at least one of those kicks. He was on our home field and they knew what the Marlins were doing. To blame the dirt is not an excuse. I just wish people would quit blaming Jay for not scoring 30 points a game. He put Mare in the position to win that game twice with great drives. The coaching and the O line and Mare get the blame. Not Fiedler.

dolphins suffer cubs curse.............

picked up the paper and that was the heading of the column about the dolphins game. it read:

if steve bartman, the infamous cubs fan, that interfered with the catch, the cubs may have closed out the marlins and the grounds keeper at PPS would have filled in the infield already!:rolleyes:

The fact is...he missed the kick. No excuses. Oh by the way...its not like he has no clue on how to kick on the dirt...we played at home so I'm sure that he must have practiced kicking on the dirt at Pro Player.

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
The fact is...he missed the kick. No excuses. Oh by the way...its not like he has no clue on how to kick on the dirt...we played at home so I'm sure that he must have practiced kicking on the dirt at Pro Player.
you can practice it, but no telling when you're gonna slip!:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom