Merged: Drew's Views/Drew sucks!/OG News | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Drew's Views/Drew sucks!/OG News

As far as Wanny has said it will be an open competition. We may read past that and know Knight will start but if you were Freeman's agent would you basically turn to him and say hey "welcome to backup life"? I wouldn't. I'd keep saying the competition is open until Wanny comes right out and says it's closed.

Either way Freeman will still see a lot of playing time especially if Fletcher does go. Freeman will play the dime and rotate in both safety spots.

Interesting on Madison's knee. I'll be waiting to hear more on that as it would give us some reassurance that Madison can make a comeback this year.

Knight will start b/c he's better and Wanny didn't give him a million per to be a nickel back. He'll shore up the run support and get more TO's. But, Wanny will certainly have open competition. He'll give Freeman a shot to compete. Obviously if Freeman plays lights out, Wanny will find a spot for him. But, Knight will win the battle.

Wanny is a big believer in competition at all positions in order to improve players. He has said that before and you can tell by the way he drafts, etc. Unless he feels a guy is a top player and self-motivator (JT, Zach, Seau, Ricky), he wants it to be competitive, especially on defense.

Madison and Surtain have not been participating in the camps/schools so far other than doing re-hab drills on the field. They both required minor knee surgery and should be ready easily by July, if not sooner.

Originally posted by Da 'Fins
Knight will start b/c he's better and Wanny didn't give him a million per to be a nickel back.

Not a million per. We signed Knight to a $680k approx cap number this year. Which is within a close proximity to Arturo. Wanny simply won't make the announcement for a while because this move is there to light a fire under Arturo's butt and prove to Wanny that he can be comfortable with letting Marion go next year. I'm sure Drew is probably pretty aware of this and he's not going to piss off his client by not showing faith in him.

Fletcher stays.

NOTE: Don't know how my reply ended up in this thread. Sorry. It was (obviously) meant to go in the thread about Fletcher.

Without starting a debate over it...

Fletcher did show signs of improving last year. At times, he was really starting to get his game on. Finally, remember that it took about 2 and half years for Surtain to start playing at a consistent "lights out" level. People need to be just a little bit more patient. Having just said that, however, I must also add that this is the year he makes it or brakes it. If he hasn't turned the corner (sorry for the pun) by mid-season... SEE YA!

Still, with injuries and all (just look at last year), I don't think you can ever really have enough good corners. Careful now! I said "good" - not "great". And I, personally, do think that Fletcher is becoming a good corner.

Lastly, we've got too much invested in him and I just don't see teams offering us much in return. Detroit comes to mind - they NEEEED corners. Do they have a LT we could trade for???

Last edited by a moderator:
That would make Knight the best backup safety in the business !

Instead we will settle with Freeman as the best backup safety.
:)

Originally posted by WharfRat
:spit: the offense "needs" OG??? did he really say that?

Does he actually believe everything he says?

:lol: Where I come from we have a four letter word, and he's full of it! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom