MERGED: Drew's Views | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Drew's Views

IceStorm said:
Someone help me out here. I don't live in Miami so I don't get to see this dude. But with all his opinions on everything and everyone, how many scouting jobs has he held? How many coaching jobs has he had? How many teams has he been employed by.

I guess I'm asking what makes his opinion any more informed and correct then anyone else on this message board? I only know him as a players agent, which means he will twist and turn the truth or the fact to be perceived the way he wants them too. So what give him the proven and added edge over you or I?

As much as I think Rosenhaus can be a weasel, he actually has a decent track record as a "nfl insider". In 1999, he was the first guy to predict that Edgerrin James would be taken before Ricky Williams. At that time it was a shocking statement...he was right. He correctly envisioned that Dan Marino would be involved in a front office position with the Dolphins a month before it happened.

He represents several Dolphin players, so he has a vested interest in how they perform as a team.

He also said Griese would be starting by midseason. Injury or not, Jay was playing pretty poorly before getting hurt.

Sometimes he's right. Sometimes he's wrong. But he's surely entertaining.

He's right about Bell. Mel Phillips was quoted this week saying that Bell has the quickest first four steps of any player he's EVER coached. And he's been coaching our DBs for 18 years. Wanny was all about Bell this week as well, saying that he's in the mix and that he's a big hitter. Remember, this guy carried a late first, early second round grade as a CB entering his senior year (before blowing out his knee).

Newson also has been getting praise (either from coaches or our camp reporters...can't remember). Either way, I'm glad he's optimistic about our young lineman on the right side. Jerman is a big strong guy with big long arms. The added bulk can only help him.

That's what I've been hearing...the three guys that will surprise this year are Jerman, Bell, and Newson. Spielman said Jerman played guard very well last year against the Skins and Jerman has bulked up and has been very impressive this year in mini-camps. I don't think Jerman will be a good tackle - slow feet, but he looks to be a great prospect at RG. Everyone is raving about Bell who, like Wale, was a big time college player but was slowed down by injury. I think the FS battle will come down to Edwards and Bell. Sullivan said of all the backup receivers he was most impressed by Kendall Newson. Newson may end up being our #3 WR.

Jerman was ok against Washington. Nothing spectacular. But he didn't lose the game for us. :lol: Had a tough task blocking big Lional Dalton all day. Got annihalated on one pass play. Seems to be a better run blocker than a pass blocker inside. Definitely a better guard than tackle. Bulking up and working exclusively at guard will certainly help.

But I'd like to see him in pads before I get TOO optimistic. :)

I'd definately like to see Jerman step up and plug our RG hole, so hopefully what they're saying about him is right. I'd also love to see what Yeremiah Bell can do, the coaches and reporters are just raving about this guy, seems like.

The man

He is the master manipulater, he will have you believe what he wants you too, Havent you seen Arliss ????:roflmao:

Show me the money and Ill show you the love

At this time of year we would be happy to dicuss the opinions of the team laundress. Q-Who likes boxers versus briefs?, What size neck does Zack have? I watched a whole NFLE game yesterday just to catch glimpses of Stoener and Morris. I hate rainy weekend days! Discussing Drew's biased positions seems like an absolute pleasure.

Well damn, where's the link???

Sorry man, he comes on the TV and talks about the Dolphins, I cant really get you a link I can just post what he says...my bad. But you can go to http://web1.wsvn.com/news/main/sports/ and click on Sports Extra and watch the whole thing (he usually comes on within the first 5 minutes.)

FYI everyone - Usually the link is a week old until Tuesday or so.

Anybody that says that Jerman is a "Blue Chipper" now, before he has hit anybody....in my opinion is doing very heavy crack cocaine laced with mushrooms.

For what I have seen in pads in his short career....Greg Jerman is not even Backup caliber at Tackle......okay as a backup guard. Yates has been better at guard.

How bout we just sign Middleton when he becomes available, and forget this Jerman foolishness.

SMITH / JAMES / MCKINNEY / MIDDLETON / CAREY.

Sounds good to me.

Muck said:
He also said Griese would be starting by midseason. Injury or not, Jay was playing pretty poorly before getting hurt.

Sometimes he's right. Sometimes he's wrong. But he's surely entertaining.

Definately. he is very entertaining to say the least. He is usually correct about 50% of the time with his info/predictions if not a little bit higher.

Section126 said:
Anybody that says that Jerman is a "Blue Chipper" now, before he has hit anybody....in my opinion is doing very heavy crack cocaine laced with mushrooms.

For what I have seen in pads in his short career....Greg Jerman is not even Backup caliber at Tackle......okay as a backup guard. Yates has been better at guard.QUOTE]

No, actually you can make that assesment before he hits anyone. The coaches know what he was capable of last year and his previous performance. If he has added more size this offseason and shown more agility and better footwork in camp then there is reason to belive he will be much better than last year. I've watched the Redskins game from last year a lot of times and he performed very well considering he was a career backup. A lot of posters on here have a hard on for Trotter and they'll say that Jerman, Smith, and Mckinney aren't ready to start. Well I got news, last year they handled trotter & Co. on the sunday night game and I think they'll perform much better this year.

I always liked to think we didn't have the kind of fans who ridiculed the FO and made fun of our players....but then these same people want to be part of it all when the team performs well......then I joined this board and found out there are a ton of them.

Back
Top Bottom