Merged:Fans banned from mini-camps/I called it,Saban doesn't care what the fans think | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Fans banned from mini-camps/I called it,Saban doesn't care what the fans think

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Reaction score
• Fans will be able to attend only one of six minicamps (June 10-12), and reporters will be able to attend only two. In past years, all minicamps were open to fans and reporters. Those minicamps typically drew a couple hundred fans on weekdays and 1,000 to 2,000 on weekends. Training camp will continue to be open to fans and media.

The restrictive policies are now starting to effect us, the fans, personally.

No camp reports....think about that.....those that have been on this board for a long time, know what kind of drug those camp reports are....well, now you're cut off...cold turkey....what do you have to say about that?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Why oh why! I don't mind cutting LeBatard off, but not the fans.

Nothing ever came of the mini-camps anyway. Training camp will still be attended. No surprises.

Personally I don't really mind! I kind of like the no nonsence approach!
I don't think people really need to know everything that is going on in mini-camp! Don't get me wrong it's nice to know for us fans, but that means everyone else knows also! That isn't always a good thing! If nothing happens in camp then it's no big deal! If something does happen then it gets blow out of proportion! Besides some people take way to much stock in what plays do in camp that never pans out to how things are on the field! We have seen players have great workouts in camp and then don't even play!
Like I said it's nice but it's not really a big deal! JMO

Either way, with the amount of people that visit this board, someone is going to find out stuff anyway, because we have some resourceful people here! ;)

I can't wait for the draft! This is the most excited about the draft I have been in a while! I'm interested to see what Saban does!

I don't know, after months of not watching our fins on grass, the mini camps were something to get excited about =(

I won't lie, I loved the pictures and reports that people took in the past years..

HugeFinFan said:
I won't lie, I loved the pictures and reports that people took in the past years..

yea I hear yea! Just as long as they don't keep us out of Training Camp! That's where you can realy get to see some guy develop!

I wanna know who came in fat, who got hurt, who got worked, who got trucked, who scored, which QB looks better, which rookie looks exciting....

I'm telling you, 5 months with almost ZERO news is going to make this offseason the longest in recent memory....It may not hurt right now but, when you know the team is practicing and NOBODY is there to tell us anything about it, it's going to be like a knife twisting in your groin.

inFINSible said:
I wanna know who came in fat, who got hurt, who got worked, who got trucked, who scored, which QB looks better, which rookie looks exciting....

I'm telling you, 5 months with almost ZERO news is going to make this offseason the longest in recent memory....It may not hurt right now but, when you know the team is practicing and NOBODY is there to tell us anything about it, it's going to be like a knife twisting in your groin.

yea but come on, do you really think they can totally keep us out? There are going to be at least a few people that find a way to get us the info we need! I have faith in my FinHeaven brethren!

I think this really ****ing sucks honestly. No information at all..........no video, no writeups.....**** this is going to be a long offseason.

Ouch

Knife to the groin??....that's smarts. For years and years we have all read articles from mini-camps.. Every year we hear about someone that looks great and will be a great addition to the team.. Nothing ever comes form the reports. Not only are the mini-camps misleading they are also very vanilla. Take the time and go find something to get into. Maybe we could all use the break and find some new hobbies!

Muck said:
This is the part that hurts the fans. Right now nobody minds because not much is going on. But in a little while, things are going to be happening and we won't be permitted to attend.

$10 says open training camps will be curbed as well.

I don't see them closing Training Camp! Sabans pal Belichik doesn't even do that!

t47c said:
Knife to the groin??....that's smarts. For years and years we have all read articles from mini-camps.. Every year we hear about someone that looks great and will be a great addition to the team.. Nothing ever comes form the reports. Not only are the mini-camps misleading they are also very vanilla. Take the time and go find something to get into. Maybe we could all use the break and find some new hobbies!
You seem to be well informed and jaded with only one post....interesting.

The infromation that comes out of mini camps, no matter how misleading or vanilla, spurs conversation on this MB at a time when the news is low in general.
It's a time killer.

I have plenty of hobbies and I devote much of my time to persuing those things that I enjoy. Mini-camp reports do not take the place of those things in my life, they add to the things that I enjoy.

Thanks for the advice, and by all means if you feel the need to slow down on the whole MB pace that you're keeping, then do so.

inFINSible said:
You seem to be well informed and jaded with only one post....interesting.

The infromation that comes out of mini camps, no matter how misleading or vanilla, spurs conversation on this MB at a time when the news is low in general.
It's a time killer.

I have plenty of hobbies and I devote much of my time to persuing those things that I enjoy. Mini-camp reports do not take the place of those things in my life, they add to the things that I enjoy.

Thanks for the advice, and by all means if you feel the need to slow down on the whole MB pace that you're keeping, then do so.

:roflmao: WOW ripping so early in the morning! You got to love sports fans! :up:

Back
Top Bottom