Merged: Fins no loger interested in OT Brown?/No O Brown | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Fins no loger interested in OT Brown?/No O Brown

Golphindolphin

town drunk
Club Member
Reaction score
No O. Brown

"On the offensive side, the Bucs' chances of signing Ravens free agent tackle Orlando Brown increased Wednesday when the Dolphins all but dropped out of the bidding war for him. That left the Raiders and Bucs as the teams Brown is considering, but the Steelers reportedly were considering entering the fray."

http://bucs.tbo.com/bucs/MGAW6CGDORD.html

Now what?

McIntosh is all but signed, we'll just bring in a stopgap replacement. Didn't want Brown anyway. This is not worth worrying about.

Well lets look at this. Could it be that the price got way out of hand for the talent to be gained. Maybe this is a sign that Boston will be coming soon and the $ is need else where or some other o-linemen will be signed soon . Take your pick.

I'll take orlando brown or salaam from denver but we better act on this because im starting to question not bringin back nails with that right side still thin

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
That's funny, because the Herald says:

The team reopened talks with the agent for Baltimore starter Orlando Brown ...

Search for RT continues

Also the Baltimore Sun is saying that they have made offers to both Salaam & Brown & the first one to accept will be signed.

BTW, how many damn offensive tackles are the Bucs going to sign? They have all four of their five starters returning:
LT-Oben
LG-Jenkins
C-Wade
RG-Whittle
RT-Walker

Plus they've signed Deese, Stinchcomb, & O'Dwyer now possibly Brown. Gruden has some new offense brewing :)

K. Walker will probably get released if the Bucs sign O. Brown...hmm that may be interesting!!!

Wasn't Cosey Coleman the starter for the Bucs at RG?

Cosey has not been signed by any team yet to my knowledge.

I like the Bober O-Lineman from the G-Men who is coming to Miami today...i've talked to some G-Men fans and they say he's average and can play C and RT...they say that he's a better center than right tackle but not bad at RT...

Bobby Williams can also play RG and RT...I don't know who we will sign but if we can get either Bober or Williams...they can give us some options on the line IMO.

After Tait...McIntosh I thought was the 2nd best option at RT...I hope he fully recovers from the right ankle surgery and plays in Miami for 6 + years and becomes as dominant as they say he can.

Originally posted by SMadison29
BTW, how many damn offensive tackles are the Bucs going to sign? They have all four of their five starters returning:
LT-Oben
LG-Jenkins
C-Wade
RG-Whittle
RT-Walker

Plus they've signed Deese, Stinchcomb, & O'Dwyer now possibly Brown. Gruden has some new offense brewing :)

well maybe since they have no WR's they will line up all lineman and just try to run :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
K. Walker will probably get released if the Bucs sign O. Brown...hmm that may be interesting!!!

Not to me. Walker sucks on ice.

Fins no loger interested in OT Brown?

"On the offensive side, the Bucs' chances of signing Ravens free agent tackle Orlando Brown increased Wednesday when the Dolphins all but dropped out of the bidding war for him. That left the Raiders and Bucs as the teams Brown is considering, but the Steelers reportedly were considering entering the fray."

http://bucs.tbo.com/bucs/MGAW6CGDORD.html

This was handled in another thread. The Herald disagrees, saying the Fins have re-opened talks with Brown's agents.

MODS: How about some merge magic?

I hope we pass on Brown... he makes too many mental mistakes... plus he is old. If TB spends the $ on him then they will probably have to drop out of the Boston bidding! Don't think they have enough cap room for both?

Back
Top Bottom