Merged:fins will win 12+ games this year and heres why/7-9 8-8 is realistic/My View | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:fins will win 12+ games this year and heres why/7-9 8-8 is realistic/My View

TPD1479 said:
Listen the strenght of schedule thing is totally overrated...You don't know who is going to suck and who's not. I mean what kind of team were we "picked" to be last year???

Exactly

Deus Ex Dolphin said:
If Feeley is the second coming of Drew Brees?

If the OL is reborn under Houck?

If the Defense is unpredictable and aggressive?

If Boston, Chambers, Booker, McMichael, Brown and Williams stay healthy (and/or drug free) in a REAL offensive system?

If Losman needs a year to adjust to being an NFL starter?

If Chad Penny gets hurt for 6-12 weeks and Jay plays?

If we can split with the Pats, each winning at home?

Yeah, then the Dolphins can go 12-4, and maybe win the division. :D

Even if only half those things above happen, I think 9-10 wins is possible. At least getting the team back to being respected around the NFL.

We do not need that many ifs, because we already have plenty of absolutes...

Miami 2 years ago with a running game, an injured QB, and inconsistent backup QB, and average coaching staff at best, absolutely won 10 games

Last year Miami with no running game, a Rookie O-Coordinator, a HC afraid to take chances, a QB controversy, lost their two starting DT, and had an O-line that had only one player that had at least 1 year experience, absolutely was still in every game except the Jets home game.

Miami absolutely have better talent this year at RB, will have a much more experienced O-line (Coached by a much better Line Coach), will have a much better O-coordinator, will have at the very least two solid DTs that will be able to play at the start of the season, and have a HC that will do whatever it takes to win games, not shut down to one plan, no matter what happens.

gr8slayer said:
As many of you know I dont talk much "crap" but I feel the need to right now.

I must know why some of you think that you are a lock for the playoffs right now? Granted you have a new coach, new RB, couple new OL, Boston back (dont know if thats a good thing), a guy who in my opinion is the best TE in the league, and a fairly solid Defense how are any of these things a guarantee other than the TE?

Ronnie Brown - Great college RB and has just as much potential as anyone but WHAT HAS HE DONE IN THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE? Seriously? What has he done? Be excited about having "the best back in the draft" but dont start throwing out these "oh he is going to have 2,000 yards this year and have double digit TD's stuff. You wont know what you have till about week 12.

Nick Saban - Once again I raise the question, WHAT HAS HE DONE IN THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE AS A HEAD COACH?? Am I missing something? Was he an HC in the past and I just didnt know it? Last time I checked ole Steve Spurrier didnt work out for the Skins. He was every bit as successful as Saban, maybe even more so. So what has he done? Only thing Im giving him so far is that he is welcoming Ricky back with open arms. Other than that, what has he done?

Defense - Your guys are starting to age and the age is starting to show. Zach (one of my favorite guys) is starting to really show age with injuries and missed time. Junior same thing. You have subracted Surtain (Ill never understand that. You got rid of Knight (correct me if Im wrong and Ill eat my words) which was freaking insane, he and Taylor won that Patriot game for you last season. Taylors numbers are going down, is it because of age or because teams respect him enough to double him? Either way, numbers are down. You got rid of Morlon Greenwood, why? The guy was really up and coming IMO. You signed Traylor, who cares?

QB's - Gus and A.J.? That is the second weakest QB core in the East (infront of the Bills, who knows how good Losman is yet?). They are horrible. Had Feeley pulled his head out of his *** last season and made some much better throws you all might have beat us in that second game. He lost that game for you in the forth.

My point? You just came off of a 4-12 season. Sure you finished strong by beating NE (very very impressive) but what right now makes you better than the Pats, Bills, and Jets? You are Im sure aware that you play in the toughest division in football. You think the rest of the East is going to lay down and let you run them over?

Just my opinion, I know Ill get some flak for it but at least Im coming with facts and not smack talking.

You are right about one thing. You will get flak.
You declare that you are coming with facts. Bravo. I'll let you leave with more facts. Ronnie Brown has never played a NFL league game, or said differently, Ronnie Broiwn will be one of the freshest RBs in the league. The adjustment required to make a successful transiton to the NFL is probably lowest for a RB. Brown was rated the best back in this year's draft. It doesn't guarantee a monster statistical season, but it also does not exclude it.
The success of any Rb is highly dependent on the O-line. Houck has a proven record of success. Success with a bunch of nobody's. It's a fact.
Our O-coordinator also has a history of success. It's a fact.
Nick Saban has never been a Head Coach in the NFL. He has, however, coached in the NFL, and also has a history of success. He HCed in college with plenty of success. In fact, Saban has had enormous amounts of success wherever he has been. You could say Saban has been a very successful football coach.
Randy Mcmichael is a solid TE. He is not the best TE in the league. He has shown good receiving abilities and leadership qualities at times, but he needs to mature and develop. The fact of the matter is that Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates are in an elite level.
You indicate that you will never understand why we got rid of Surtain. If you can't understand this then I suggest you do some reading of the facts; specifically, facts that pertain to the Salary Cap.
If you feel Sammy Knight was a loss, you are certainly not basing it on facts.
Jason Taylor will be fine thank you. He has shown over the years he is a force. He has been improving every year. In fact, this year Buffalo was triple teaming him in both games. You don't triple team players who are old and showing signs of slowing down; even if you have a pathetic O-line.
Morlon Greenwood has been "up and coming" for four years now. $25 million for a perennial 'up and comer' is too pricey. It's a fact.
You questioned the signing of Traylor, and ask 'Who cares?' . Who cares that gr8slayer asks 'Who cares?' . I certainly don't . I'm sure Traylor certainly doesn't, either.

feelthepain said:
Put any spin on it you like but the fins were the best 4-12 team in history. If we had won 9 or ten games last year would you be questioning our enthusiasm of the up coming season?? I veture to guess, no! We had a ton of bad luck and very bad coaching. We had a better roster before camp and all the problems then the year before when we won 10 games. We were also considered SB contenders. But then Ricky quit, David blew out his knee, DW had his power reduced and that one was key because I think DW was bitter and resentful. This is why AJ was not given a fair chance in camp and why Jay was the starter when the season opened.

The only reason AJ saw any game time was IMO because WH told Wanny to put AJ in.
After DW left the team improved...imagine that!! You are a Bill fan and as much as you try to post like a human being here, being a Bill fan is something you can't hide forever. Think what you want, but the fins are more talented then the Bills, they were last year too they just had too many things go wrong all at once giving them no chance to overcome everything last year. You don't go 4-12 after adding talent to an alredy playoff worthy team. The Bill fans love the fact that fins were so bad because it gives them a chance to say whatever they want without using their brains.

If you think for one minute that Saban won't be a HOF coach then your lying to yourself. Saban has what it takes, I have not heard one expert say Saban could fail. Everything and I mean everything leading up to his hire was nothing but positive abour Saban. So I think I'll listen to the experts on what kind of coach Saban will be.
He has only been here since Christmas and we had the best darft I've seen in Mimami since I've been a fan some 23years!! And he's taken this team from cap hell to cap heaven. Wanny did niether in the five years he was here. Ricky is coming back, he wouldn't have if Wanny were still coaching. I could go on all night about the positive things that have occcurred since Saban's hire, Linehan, Houck two more huge reasons to think this team will not finish last in our division this year, but your team probably will. What positive things have happend to the Bill's this offseason?? Rosco Parish??? Good player but nearly the improvment that can be compaired to the fins. I don't mind you questioning our enthusiasm, I don't mind the fact that you might not agree with my POV, this is a forum for football talk you make a valid point and I counter. Thats it, thats all. No insults, no hate just mutual respect for a sport we both love. I sure wish the posters at The Billszone would act like adults and just talk football and leave out all the stupid insults, but I guess thats just asking too much.
Now where do you get off even mentioning the Bills offseason? I did not compare the Dolphins and Bills offseason anywhere. You think I dont know that we have not done crap this offseason? Im so pissed about it I want TD fired right now and a new guy brought in. Just to show you that Im not a homer and here to insult I will be more than willing to give my assesment on the Buffalo Bills if you wish?

Jon Paul Losman - Let me first say that I was and still am totally against the guy just being handed the starting job. I would have loved to keep Bledsoe around another year and let them battle it out in camp for the job. This is a Ronnie Brown case here. Were going into the season with a guy that has all the tools but has shown nothing yet and any Bills fan that says "Losman is the real deal" you tell them that I said to shut the **** up.

Willis McGahee - Sure he had a great season coming off a torn ACL but who's to say that it wont tear again? I know from personal experience that once it tears it tears much easier the next time. Of course I dont have professionals working on me but hey, were all human. I see alot of ******* Bills fans saying "oh Willis = 2,000 + yards rushing for sure". Once again, if you ever see anyone say anything remotely close to this tell them I said to shut the **** up cause chances are it aint happening. 1,500 yards sounds alot more realistic (theres that word again), that is if he doesnt get hurt :pray:

Evans/Moulds/Parrish/Reed/Aiken/Smith/Haddad - Consider the last three mentioned camp fodder, except for maybe Smith (great PR guy). Moulds is a good WR but he is getting old and it is showing, the guy drops more balls than I care to see and his speed is going down more and more with every passing year. Great thing about him from a Bills stand point is he still some how manages to command the double team. Evans is a guy with all the potential in the world, he has world class speed (broke record after record in college for track) and great hands but will he go into his "Sophmore slump" like so many guys do? Parrish, I honestly know nothing about the guy except that he is apparently fast so I wont comment on him, wait till week 12. Reed, sucks complete ***............... so far. I am a firm believer that everyone deserves four years to prove themselves and this is Reeds fourth. Maybe he breaks out of his shell this season? Who knows, but as of right now, to hell with him.

OL - I am so pissed off that we did not make huge upgrades at this spot I could scream. We got Bennie Anderson, who the hell is that? We needed to draft an OL instead of another WR this season. What is TD thinking? I dont even think he knows. Our biggest weakness right now is LT and that is the most important spot on the OL for a right handed QB, it protects his back side. If we can statch L.J. Shelton in FA it will make me sleep much better but as of right now were going no where with this OL.

TE - My dreams of having a big, athletic TE went down the tube when Everett got hurt. Once again, heres a guy I know nothing about but apparnetly he had alot of upside. Now we give the spot to either Trafford or Neufield. Yikes.

D - I think there numbers speak for themselves. Although we need to start looking for someone to replace Fletcher and Vincent. They are both old and its starting to show. Vincent cant stay healthy for crap. I like Milloy, I like Clements, I like Spikes, I like Adams, I like Posey, I like Schobel, I like Kelsay, I like McGee, I like Fletcher (getting old), I like Vincent (when healthy, but getting old), but I hate the fact that we got rid of Pat Williams, we are now stuck with guys that realistically (theres that word again) have proven nothing at DT.

Theres my mind on my beloved Buffalo Bills.

phinsforever said:
You are right about one thing. You will get flak.
You declare that you are coming with facts. Bravo. I'll let you leave with more facts. Ronnie Brown has never played a NFL league game, or said differently, Ronnie Broiwn will be one of the freshest RBs in the league. RB is probabaly one of the easiest positions for a rookie to excel. Brown was rated the best back in this year's draft. It doesn't guarantee a monster statistical season, but it also does not exclude it.
The success of any Rb is highly dependent on the O-line. Houck has a proven record of success. Success with a bunch of nobody's. It's a fact.
Our O-coordinator also has a history of success. It's a fact.
Nick Saban has never been a Head Coach in the NFL. He has, however, coached in the NFL, and also has a history of success. He HCed in college with plenty of success. In fact, Saban has had enormous amounts of success wherever he has been. You could say Saban has been a very successful football coach.
Randy Mcmichael is a solid TE. He is not the best TE in the league. He has shown good receiving abilities and leadership qualities at times, but he needs to mature and develop. The fact of the matter is that Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates are in an elite level.
You indicate that you will never understand why we got rid of Surtain. If you can't understand this then I suggest you do some reading of the facts; specifically, facts that pertain to the Salary Cap.
If you feel Sammy Knight was a loss, you are certainly not basing it on facts.
Jason Taylor will be fine thank you. He has shown over the years he is a force. He has been improving every year. In fact, this year Buffalo was triple teaming him in both games. You don't triple team players who are old and showing signs of slowing down; even if you have a pathetic O-line.
Morlon Greenwood has been "up and coming" for four years now. $25 million for a perennial 'up and comer' is too pricey. It's a fact.
You questioned the signing of Traylor, and ask 'Who cares?' . Who cares that gr8slayer asks 'Who cares?' . I certainly don't . I'm sure Traylor certainly doesn't, either.

Fact - Your OC had Randy Moss for years and when Moss wasnt there it showed statistically.

Fact - Saban has had success but not as an NFL HC. College football and the NFL is like comparing the performance you get out of a Honda and the performance you get out of a Viper. There is no way to compare the two. So you have no way of proving that Saban is a great NFL coach.

Fact - You say not signing Surtain had alot to do with cap space, the rest of the board seems to think that you are sitting better cap wise than all the East teams combined, thats alot of cap space if thats true. A shut down corner is worth diamonds in the NFL today.

Fact - I already said that Jason Taylor commands the double team but that doesnt mean his numbers arent dropping, and he sure as hell isnt getting any younger. His numbers 2000 - 14.5 sacks/2001 - 8.5 sacks/2002 - 18.5/2003 - 13.0/2004 - 9.5.

Get over thinking every person from every other team is here to talk **** about the Dolphins.

gr8slayer said:
Fact - Your OC had Randy Moss for years and when Moss wasnt there it showed statistically.

Fact - Saban has had success but not as an NFL HC. College football and the NFL is like comparing the performance you get out of a Honda and the performance you get out of a Viper. There is no way to compare the two. So you have no way of proving that Saban is a great NFL coach.

Fact - You say not signing Surtain had alot to do with cap space, the rest of the board seems to think that you are sitting better cap wise than all the East teams combined, thats alot of cap space if thats true. A shut down corner is worth diamonds in the NFL today.

Fact - I already said that Jason Taylor commands the double team but that doesnt mean his numbers arent dropping, and he sure as hell isnt getting any younger. His numbers 2000 - 14.5 sacks/2001 - 8.5 sacks/2002 - 18.5/2003 - 13.0/2004 - 9.5.

Get over thinking every person from every other team is here to talk **** about the Dolphins.
I'm not sure what **** means. If you are suggesting it represents FACT, then I am over it.
What statistics are you referring to when you speak of the Vikes? I'll provide you with a few, in case you missed them. Avg pts scored by Vikes with Randy Moss playing 25.3. Without Moss, 27. I would say that the Offense was scoring just fine without Randy. Avg. total yds with Randy 396.2/game. Without Randy 344/game. Not a huge drop off.
You have no way of proving Saban isn't a very good NFL coach. Check out the stats on Defense for the Browns when Saban was coaching them. They went ot number 1. It's a fact. To compare Saban to Spurrier shows your ignorance.
Surtain's contract was problematic, it's a fact. In fact, it's a fact that even Pat realised. If you knew anything about Saban's Defenses, you would know that paying your cbs top dollar does not fit with his philosophy.
You say Jason Taylor isn't getting any younger. Yes, you have provided a fact, al;beit one that is tautological. I'm not sure I know of any players or persons who are getting younger. I do know, however, that Jason Taylor is becoming a better player.

gr8slayer said:

Why? Because every fan of another team does come here to talk ****.

Kolbiss said:
Hey all.

As a Bills fan, I dont like the changes going on over at the house Marino built, but I guess thats a good thing to hear as a dolphin fan. Ronnie Brown looks like a future stud (looks being the key word), Saban coming in and doing what should have been done long ago, good draft, and some good free agents. D is still very good even with the losses and age. If Saban pans out, and Feeley proves me wrong(I think he is garbage...sorry) I think that you could easily be 8-8. I look forward to seing Mcgahee and Ronnie battle for many years.

SOMEONE PLEASE BEAT THE PATS!!!!!!!:fire:

If Saban pans out and Feeley proves you wrong, then we are looking at a 12-13 win team. NOT 8-8. I know you don't want to go there, because as a Bills fan that's pretty scary to think about.

jlfin said:
If Saban pans out and Feeley proves you wrong, then we are looking at a 12-13 win team. NOT 8-8. I know you don't want to go there, because as a Bills fan that's pretty scary to think about.

Anything is possible I suppose, but I tend to be less optamistic before the season begins. I think there are still to many question marks on the offensive line and CB's. That combined with the toughest division in football and a rookie running back, and a QB who has not showed anything.....12-13 wins is a pretty lofty goal.

jlfin said:

i dont think a head coach will be the greatest coach in the NFL, in his first season. give him a few years, then you can call him god if you want to..

feeley is one question mark on your team. there are a few others that will have to step up before the fins have a 12 win season.

phinsforever said:
Avg pts scored by Vikes with Randy Moss playing 25.3. Without Moss, 27. I would say that the Offense was scoring just fine without Randy. Avg. total yds with Randy 396.2/game. Without Randy 344/game. Not a huge drop off..

Passer Rating
2 Daunte Culpepper 4717 Yds, 39 TDs, 11 INTs, 110.9 PsrRt

32 AJ Feeley 1893 Yds, 11TDs, 15 INTs, 61.7 PsrRt

Lowest in the league, below Dorsey. Linehans offense requires alot out of the QB. If Feeley can pul a 180 and get the job done it works, if he can't it won't.

phinsforever said:
You have no way of proving Saban isn't a very good NFL coach. Check out the stats on Defense for the Browns when Saban was coaching them. They went ot number 1. It's a fact. To compare Saban to Spurrier shows your ignorance.
Surtain's contract was problematic, it's a fact. In fact, it's a fact that even Pat realised. If you knew anything about Saban's Defenses, you would know that paying your cbs top dollar does not fit with his philosophy.

I'm sure he learned alot, and LSU is big time. OSU, Miami, USC, LSU, Big schools like that are close to Pros.

But when he was D coordinator for the Browns Bill B. had alot to do with that D. Saban learned, likeI said, but you know how Belichick is with defense. I mean, Crennel had alot of time with BB too, do you consider him on par with Saban?

Losman7 said:
Passer Rating
2 Daunte Culpepper 4717 Yds, 39 TDs, 11 INTs, 110.9 PsrRt

32 AJ Feeley 1893 Yds, 11TDs, 15 INTs, 61.7 PsrRt

Lowest in the league, below Dorsey. Linehans offense requires alot out of the QB. If Feeley can pul a 180 and get the job done it works, if he can't it won't.

I'm sure he learned alot, and LSU is big time. OSU, Miami, USC, LSU, Big schools like that are close to Pros.

But when he was D coordinator for the Browns Bill B. had alot to do with that D. Saban learned, likeI said, but you know how Belichick is with defense. I mean, Crennel had alot of time with BB too, do you consider him on par with Saban?
As for the Culpepper argument, I agree. The point is that Linehan was responsible for designing a system that enabled Culpepper to thrive. I think he has a good chance of doing the same for Feeley. Gus Frerotte is no Dante Culpepper, but he had a lot of success in that offense as well. To jusge Feeley's performance last year is, as I've said many times, pointless. He was put in an impossible situation. He made plenty of mistakes but he also showed me he has all the tools to be successful. The big question will be his decision making, and I am optimistic that with a better line, a better offense, and a better coach, he will improve.
The Brown's success on D when Saban was there was due to both Bellichek and Saban. BB has stated numerous times that he thinks very highly of Saban. In fact, Saban was courted by several NFL clubs for several years. He has a lot of respect from football people whose opinions I trust. He was very successful as a Head coach. Crennel does not have nearly the same amount of experience.

ch19079 said:
denver: (loss) good D, and good running game.
jets: (loss) pennington WONT be hurt
panthers: (win) make them pass, and you win..
bills: (loss) im a homer, but is in buffalo. (away games are hard to win, even if its not cold)
bucs: (win) they will S-U-C-K suck.
chiefs: (loss) great O, and an "improving" on D.
saints: (win) they have shown NOTHING. and are a pathetic underachieving team.
falcons: (loss) if vick is healthy, you loose, if hes hurt you have a shot.
NE: (loss) i dont think brady will be giving you another game.
browns: (win) who wont win agenst the browns??
raiders: (loss) cant stop moss and porter, and they have a decent D.
bills : (loss), homer pick, but i think it will be VERY close.
chargers: (loss). if they go to rivers, than you can win, but i dout that will happen.
jets: (win), you get lucky. ill be cheering for the fins, cus the bills and jets will be fighting for the wildcard.
titans: (win), cus they are called the titans. :roflmao:
NE: (loss) cus they are the pats.

6-10
wins: panthers, bucs, saints, browns, jets, titans
losses: denver, jets, bills, chiefs, falcans, NE, raiders, bills, chargers, NE

also, just cus the fins choke in the cold, doesnt mean they will win when its warm.

If we go 6-10 the Jills will go 5-11. They suck and will always suck. That's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom