Merged:Fox Sports: Second-year player spotlight for 2005/Carey and Bell | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Fox Sports: Second-year player spotlight for 2005/Carey and Bell

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Fox Sports: Second-year player spotlight for 2005

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3710466

Vernon Carey, OT  Miami Dolphins

Carey could be one of the biggest enigmas to come out of the 2004 NFL Draft. He possesses an excellent blend of size and natural strength to get a lot of push in the run game. Carey has the potential to become a Larry Allen-type player inside at guard, but the Dolphins are providing Carey with an opportunity to seize the left tackle spot.
Carey has good feet for his size, but loses his focus in space and has a history of erratic conditioning habits. The best thing Carey has going for him is the addition of one of the league's top offensive line coaches, Hudson Houck. Carey will be under a skeptical microscope by several pro personnel directors this summer.

Second-Year Sleepers

Yeremiah Bell, S  Miami Dolphins: He has shown good toughness and quickness to the ball. Bell could have an opportunity to see a lot of a lot of playing time at an unstable situation at safety for the Dolphins.

IF Bell could stay healthy he is a good player and can work his way into a starting role and deffinately contribute.

It certainly would be Nice to see Carey get Molded into something.

If Vernon Carey can get to be a close to productive as Larry Allen our running game should be looking good.

that wont happen larry allen is awesome carey will do mediocere and yerimaha bell will be good he just needs time

phinsfan1989 said:
that wont happen larry allen is awesome carey will do mediocere and yerimaha bell will be good he just needs time
great post...backed by so much evidence in addition to your crystal ball :rolleyes:

thedayafter said:
Maybe it's been posted.... article on impact of second year players...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3710466

Wow, I didn't think bell was on anyone's radar except ours. He's defintely a talent that could push for playing time if not the starting position itself. Only negative is experience, but you've got to start somewhere.

I liked Ben Watson and PK Sam when they came out for the draft.We didnt need a TE but we could have drafted PK Sam in the 6th round I believe it was.He wasnt drafted by us because the dynamic duo needed players who could help imediately and Sam is very raw and will take some time to develp.

I am not convinced by Carey.I wouldnt be surprised to see him end up on the bench again this year.

Bell has the potential to develop into a top player.

I don't understand. If he has the potential to be the next Larry Allen at guard...then why don't we put him at guard and move someone else over?

phinsfan1989 said:
maybe u should change ur name dude couse u dont sound to much like a phinsfan. :shakeno:

albyfinfan said:
maybe u should change ur name dude couse u dont sound to much like a phinsfan. :shakeno:

So all Phin fans have to believe that all our players are/will be better than average??

I'm not sold on Carey. I've said that he can be a dominator inside. But even then, he has to get his head on straight and improve his work ethic. Otherwise he'll be an inconsistent, average player at best.

I dont understand on why we dont put Carey at guard and let him start there. LT has got to be the hardest OL position to play, and i dont know if he is tough enought to play it. But i guess we will have to see in TC.

Bell seems like a forgotten man around here, i would like to see him start over Tillman. If he can stay healthy the full year, then i do think that he will be a stud at FS.

Muck said:
So all Phin fans have to believe that all our players are/will be better than average??

I'm not sold on Carey. I've said that he can be a dominator inside. But even then, he has to get his head on straight and improve his work ethic. Otherwise he'll be an inconsistent, average player at best.

I think his point was we have heard enough negativity from the press and jill fans we don't need to hear more, besides last year was Vernons first year and Wise didn't exactly impress last year, consequently it was his last. I think giving Carey a chance under Houck before labling him anything is more appropriate.

I think that Carey will show a lot of improvement this year. For the most part offensive lineman are not big contributors in their rookie season and they often show significant improvement in their second year.

Also, I have a lot of confidence in the coaching ability of Houck to get the best out of the o-line.

Back
Top Bottom