Merged: Giants, Arrington reach agreement in principle! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Giants, Arrington reach agreement in principle!

Oh well, Glad Saban didn't overpay at least even though it would have been nice to get him.

oh well let him go up there do we play them this year cuz if we do i can't wait for ricky or ronnie to run him over......:fire:

Arrington would have been sweet, no doubt about it. But I still think we're fine with Crowder, Thomas, Hodge and Spragan. We don't necessarily have to go LB in the 1st round, but we definitely need to get an LB in the 3rd or 4th though. I'd like to go WR in the 1st, maybe Safety. I really do think Hodge will turn out to be a hell of a player for us. When the season rolls around, he should be starting ahead of Spragan.

$7 million a year is WAYYYYYY too much for Arrington - especially since he's a guy who didn't or wouldn't work along with the defensive schemes in Washington (neither Marvin Lewis or Greg Williams could get him to buy into their D).

We'll draft a LB and be just fine, but this is a little setback for our 3-4 schemes. We could go 4-3 just fine with what we have now, but it'll be more difficult now unless JT (and either Roth or Bowens) are really ready to tear things up as OLBs.

It is good that this is over.Now Saban can pull off another Channing Crowder in the 3rd round.That would be sweet!

way yoo much money for him. I am glad the phins did not increase there initial offer. 5 Mil a year for this guy would have been a decent price, but 7 mil a year for a guy who has bad knees and has never lived up to expectations is a little steep. At least we can all move on now

iixivmmiii said:
i love how all of you talk about how amazing lavar would be with the dolphins if we signed him, and as soon as he doesn't/goes to the giants, everyone talks about how he wasn't really that good.... i just want you all to know, that you make laugh, a lot.... hahaha

all i can say is hell yeah to that dude i agree 100%

cnc66 said:
no, you are hearing from the guys who really never did want him...the "other" guys will lay low until they are sure no-one remembers and then they will be amongst the "don't want him crowd." Think about it...way to soon to hear from them. I didn't want him at the asking price, and I am fine with him elsewhere....specially killing Deadslow thus fanning the t.o./deadslo saga that will surely happen.
I only wanted him if we could get him at around 4-5 million a year but i knew that would never happen

BrazForPhins said:
Overpaid.

This is what's annoying about the NFL: you can never tell what a contract actually is when it's announced since the contracts aren't guaranteed. For all I know, the guy's cap number is 2 mil this year, and the deal is severly backloaded and filled with performance incentives and he'll never see 3/4 of the money...maybe not so applicable with such a high profile signing, but you guys know what I mean.

TRUDOLFAN54 said:
oh well let him go up there do we play them this year cuz if we do i can't wait for ricky or ronnie to run him over......:fire:

AFC East plays NFC North, so no they don't play them this year.

i wont lie i would have loved to get lavar, especially in the beginning. however, the more and more he demonstrated that it wasn't about winning and the "team" but all about the money, i began to care less and less to the point now that i'm actually glad we didnt sign him

cnc66 said:
no, you are hearing from the guys who really never did want him...the "other" guys will lay low until they are sure no-one remembers and then they will be amongst the "don't want him crowd." Think about it...way to soon to hear from them. I didn't want him at the asking price, and I am fine with him elsewhere....specially killing Deadslow thus fanning the t.o./deadslo saga that will surely happen.

Nope. Not here.

I wanted LaVar very badly.

However, I don't think I'll lose sleep over it. What this does, in my eyes, is open up outside linebacker as possibly the most likely target at pick 16 in the draft. We could go defensive back, outside linebacker or wide receiver. I wouldn't be surprised at any of those positions.

I'd say defensive tackle, but only if Brodrick Bunkley or Haloti Ngata were available, and I don't think they will be.

I want Santonio Holmes, but I can really, really see us taking Kamerion Wimbley. I think he fits our D perfectly.

it's good that saban won't gave him the money he was looking for. he had done nothing the past 2 years and 7 million a year is way too much. lavar will see which team is better by the end of the season and then he realize that he gets more money in frozen ny, but we got the better team here in sunny miami... :cooldude:

DolphinDevil28 said:
Nope. Not here.

I wanted LaVar very badly.

However, I don't think I'll lose sleep over it. What this does, in my eyes, is open up outside linebacker as possibly the most likely target at pick 16 in the draft. We could go defensive back, outside linebacker or wide receiver. I wouldn't be surprised at any of those positions.

I'd say defensive tackle, but only if Brodrick Bunkley or Haloti Ngata were available, and I don't think they will be.

I want Santonio Holmes, but I can really, really see us taking Kamerion Wimbley. I think he fits our D perfectly.

I think that Arrington would've been our ticket of drafting either Chad Jackson or Santonio Holmes with the 16th pick. Now that he has signed with the Giants, I think that we will focus on defense with our 1st pick and then maybe a WR in the 3rd or 4th round. I don't know too much on Wimbley, but I read a nice report on him over at nfldraftcountdown.com. As long as we will get either Santonio Holmes, Jason Allen, Chad Greenway, Bobby Carpenter or Manny Lawson, then I will be fine with our pick.

Back
Top Bottom