Merged: Ginn still dropping balls | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ginn still dropping balls

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
The San Francisco 49ers were rightfully excited to acquire Ginn for a measly fifth-round choice. Three years earlier, the Miami Dolphins drafted him ninth overall.

He's a dazzling kick returner and provides turf-scorching speed.

But folks are starting to notice why the Dolphins gave up on him.

Bay Area News Group columnist Cam Inman watched him running at Monday's voluntary workout and came up with "Ted Gazelle Jr." as a nickname. Wouldn't be the first time a guy named Cam became smitten with Ginn's quickness.

"But when he repeatedly dropped balls, he looked, well, a lot like the reputation that came with him from his Miami Dolphins days," Inman wrote.

Inman added Ginn looked fine fielding punts, but "when he failed to catch one punt near his waist, it wasn't good -- other than it was only mid-May and he wasn't in Candlestick Park."

"You've got to shake it off," Ginn said later. "You've got to treat it like a [defensive back] when he gets scored on. You can't tank. They're going to happen and you just can't have that many."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/13715/ginn-still-dropping-balls-with-49ers

Ginn and Russell should get together, they may be able to dominate the under 13 league....

I wonder how long he lasts in San fran... I give it another 3 seasons tops

Even if he does catch it, he is headed for the sidelines.lol
I wish him well, but glad he is GONN.

I wonder how long he lasts in San fran... I give it another 3 seasons tops

Keep in mind, San Fran didn't get him cause of a need at WR. With Crabtree, Morgan, and Hill they are ok at WR plus they heve Vontae's big bro at TE and Frank Gore in the backfield. Ginn was picked up by San Fran because they're return game was putrid.

And the funny thing about return men? THey're easily replaceable if they are not that good.

Keep in mind, San Fran didn't get him cause of a need at WR. With Crabtree, Morgan, and Hill they are ok at WR plus they heve Vontae's big bro at TE and Frank Gore in the backfield. Ginn was picked up by San Fran because they're return game was putrid.

And the funny thing about return men? THey're easily replaceable if they are not that good.

True... and Ginn wont make their return game that much better.

I didn't even think about Ginn will be playing his home games in Candlestick where the wind swirls...oh brother, Singletary is going to love Ginn! :lol:

I think odds are 50/50 we see headlines this year in the SF Chronicle...

49er WR Ted Ginn Jr. body washed ashore a day after dropping 3 punts in a single game...Coach Singletary last seen with Ginn in boat headed out in SF Bay.

What a great start to the week. Ted Ginn is dropping balls in some OTHER team's practice sessions and meanwhile Brandon Marshall is sutiing up in a Fins uniform for the first time and actually catching balls (we presume, since that's what Brandon Marshall does).

his kinda skill (speed) is one where he will get several chances.... but I could see him on a new team after one season.
NFL team? I don't think so. CFL team, perhaps. IMO he is down to his last season at this level.

Back
Top Bottom