Merged: Griese or Fiedler against indy? / Who will start? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Griese or Fiedler against indy? / Who will start?

Who starts against Indy?

• Fiedler

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Griese

Votes: 70 87.5%

• Total voters
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Jay will still be our starter when healthy..that's why Wanny waited a long time before announcing his starter. Jay don't know enough of the O..they are playing the basic O from last year. This won't get it when we play a better team. Heck we still can't run the ball.

God I hope not! Wanny would be an IDIOT to not start the better QB, no matter if he was the previous starter or not.

At this point Griese is the better QB. Griese made a bad D look bad, something Jay has been unable to do this season.

I don't want musical chairs at the QB position. That kind of song and dance can wreck a team. I say we sink or swim with Griese. Injury or no, a change has been made, let's stick with it.

Oliver...

i think griese can be a better leader........after the game chambers didn't outright say he liked griese better....but he sure as hell lead me to believe that he felt more comfortable with griese and that griese gave him a better chance at big plays

Originally posted by phinfan34
I cant see how you could sit Griese after this night he is having.

Because you won't be playing SD the rest of the year. That's how..If he was all that, then why is he here and not in Denver?

Originally posted by Oliver

God I hope not! Wanny would be an IDIOT to not start the better QB, no matter if he was the previous starter or not.

At this point Griese is the better QB. Griese made a bad D look bad, something Jay has been unable to do this season.

I don't want musical chairs at the QB position. That kind of song and dance can wreck a team. I say we sink or swim with Griese. Injury or no, a change has been made, let's stick with it.

Oliver...

He'd be an idiot to play a guy who don't know 1/2 the play book and limit the O on what's it's already doing. Playing about a 1/4 of the Play book, PLEASE GUYS, we were playing SD...It's easy when every thing is going your way, wait until BG meets adversity and watch his play then.

Griese should get the start based on how he ran the offense last night. But remember, we all need to see what he can do against a real team. Indy should be the real test.

That game against SD proved nothing. They are easily one of the worst teams in the NFL, and it wasn't even played in their home town. Miami had 0 points in the 2nd half on Offense. A typical Wanny gameplan, so we really can't judge too much off this game. Once again the D carried the team. I think we may need both QB's in the end.

Because you won't be playing SD the rest of the year. That's how..If he was all that, then why is he here and not in Denver?

Um, ok retard. Fiedler has played Houston, the Jets, Jacksonville, and the Giants. All 4 have pretty bad defenses and New England's defense was beat up badly. What did he do? Pretty much nothing. Why? He sucks.

Griese earned the right to start against Indy. He has not earned the right to start the rest of the season. BG played against a pass D that was tailor made for for Miami's passing game. Comparisons to other bad pass Ds Miami played against this season are irrelevant b/c those Ds played different schemes aganist us. BG's stats against SD are almost identical to JF's stats in his first start last season (Detroit). BG is clearly playing better than JF right now, but he is not playing better than JF has ever played. Since neither QB is clearly superior (despite the many posters with short memories) the starter should be the QB that is playing better at the moment. Now if BG continues to play well then he may earn the right to remain the starter indefinately, but he isn't there yet.

My thoughts.

I absolutely, positively, feel better every time Miami throws the ball with Griese than with Fiedler. I can't think of a single throw last night where the receiver was wide open and Griese didn't hit him. I think the deep ball to McMichael was o.k. He was covered.
That pass to Chambers in stride was BEAUTIFUL. I can't remember Fiedler throwing a pass like that this year. If Jay had thrown that, it would have hung up in the air and only been a 15-20 yd gain. Instead of 50. Overall, a good night for someone who hasn't taken a snap this season.

Now I'm not saying Griese is the long term answer. I hope he is.
But if Turner and Wannstedt demonstrate some faith in him and let him get some experience under his belt, I fell a heck of a lot better about the Dolphins chances this year...A heck of a lot better.

Imagine this for a minute. Imagine Fiedler on a team like Chicago or Cleveland. Wouldn't you be licking your chops if Miami plays against Fiedler at qb? I know I would. I'm sure that's the way most teams feel when playing Miami.

He'd be an idiot to play a guy who don't know 1/2 the play book and limit the O on what's it's already doing. Playing about a 1/4 of the Play book...

How do you know if any of those things are true?

If that's 1/4 of the playbook, I'd hate to see what percentage Jay is play with. Griese was running plays I have yet to see Fiedler attempt.

I'm osrry dude, Griese brought a spark to this offense, and it makes no sense to put out that spark with a QB change. Just as I supported Fiedler when they were winning with him at QB, I have to do the same with the team winning with Griese.

Oliver...

Originally posted by phinfan34

Um, ok retard. Fiedler has played Houston, the Jets, Jacksonville, and the Giants. All 4 have pretty bad defenses and New England's defense was beat up badly. What did he do? Pretty much nothing. Why? He sucks.

Very mature. Next time why don't reply with, "DUR DUR DUR, and stuff happens"? My gosh!

Fiedler does not suck, however Griese is playing better right now. I'm not sure why so many of you have to be so dramatic. Just because another player is playing better that does not make the replaced player bad.

Oliver...

If fiedler where a good qb this discussion wouldnt exist......kinda like marshall faulk geting his job back even though his backup had a good game.
Im tired of hearing he manages the game well, or he wins games, I just think the rest of the team caries him. im glad we do win but id like to see something better.

Originally posted by Oliver

Very mature. Next time why don't reply with, "DUR DUR DUR, and stuff happens"? My gosh!

Fiedler does not suck, however Griese is playing better right now. I'm not sure why so many of you have to be so dramatic. Just because another player is playing better that does not make the replaced player bad.

Oliver...

If Fiedler doesnt suck, but isn't a top 25 QB in the league, so you can call him what you want.

Back
Top Bottom