Merged: Haloti Ngata | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Haloti Ngata

AirFishOne said:
So what u guys think about Dusty Dvoareck??

Would yall want him?

He's alright and he always fights his way in unlike Ngata but he didn't do anything all that impressive either. Seems like a well-built mediocre interior guy in the NFL.

I came out of watching that game thinking the same thing... He did not impress me at all. I think when OU started having success is when they started running out side. IMO the DT next to Ngata (don't remember his name) had a much better game. Ngata just looked lazy. Like he did not care or just expected to have things handed to him. Not a "Saban player" if you ask me. But then again, Saban was able to motivate Wright. If he drops a few rounds (maybe 3rd) then I'd be ok, but I just don't see Saban using a first rounder on him.

Oboy said:
I came out of watching that game thinking the same thing... He did not impress me at all. I think when OU started having success is when they started running out side. IMO the DT next to Ngata (don't remember his name) had a much better game. Ngata just looked lazy. Like he did not care or just expected to have things handed to him. Not a "Saban player" if you ask me. But then again, Saban was able to motivate Wright. If he drops a few rounds (maybe 3rd) then I'd be ok, but I just don't see Saban using a first rounder on him.

Yeah but think of what a VALUE pick Wright ended up being. That kind of size and talent, yet only a 5th round pick. Wright is like 6'5" and when we drafted him I think he definitely tipped the scales around 330 pounds or something...we forced him to lose a bunch of weight. Wright definitely ran a 40 time that was "under 5.0 seconds" while he was 330 pounds, not all that much slower than Mr. Ngata, who AT BEST has reportedly run a 4.85 while at his current weight (lets see what he does in the combine). Wright is most definitely a more natural pass rusher and possesses a very good first step.

So we've got two prospects who are very similar yet Ngata is set to go top 10 and we got Wright in the 5th round. Yeah. Puts it into a bit of perspective.

As for the Saban type of player I agree that Saban seems to favor active, energetic defensive tackles. Keith Traylor as big as he is, is a pretty active an energetic guy at times (surprisingly) and the rest of his DT/DEs are like penetrating jitterbugs. I see Nick wanting a guy who can penetrate and disrupt, and that's not Ngata.

Not only did Ngata dissappoint but so didnt Demetrius Williams...Actually the whole damn team looked overmatched.

Brings me back to us picking a LT in the 1st hopefully Joe Thomas enters the draft too so it helps Mcneal fall to us.

I thought Demetrius was ok actually, but that QB situation was pretty messed up going against the Oklahoma D.

Good. He is one of the best DT's in College football, looking fordward to seeing him play in the NFL.

He's not that good....and does he fit the Dolphins defense to begin with....the Dolphins don't play a straight out 3-4....and thats all he's good for.

I think Saban would like to run the 3-4 a little bit more, and Ngata would help him do that. I wouldn't take this season as an example of what a Saban defense looks like, since he patched it up with a number of free agents.
If you're gonna run a 3-4, then you need a large and versatile nose tackle, and that's exactly what Ngata is. Unfortunately, it is very likely he'll be off the board by then.

Could Ngata be the one who falls this year?...

Every year a top players seems to drop for different reasons.It always happens.I had Ngata as one of my top choices for our pick when we had a horrible record early on the year.I thought we;d be picking top 5 again and the 2 guys I kept hoping for were Ngata and Hawk.After we started winning I felt we had no chance at neither and maybe they're both be gone.The reason I think Ngata couold drop is the same Gardner droped when he came out.People talked about his numbers but many felt he didn't play as good as his numbers all the time.There's been talk about thaat with Ngata too.If people feel that way and pass on him then I'd be very happy to draft him.Just to think of a D-line of Roth,Manny,Ngata and JT is amazing tho I know he can be gone.Every year a guy will drop....if Ngata falls to us I think Nick would take him in a heart beat and I'd be jumping up and down regarless of what some people think of him.Nick would get him to play just like he did with Manny.

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

Danny said:
Every year a top players seems to drop for different reasons.It always happens.I had Ngata as one of my top choices for our pick when we had a horrible record early on the year.I thought we;d be picking top 5 again and the 2 guys I kept hoping for were Ngata and Hawk.After we started winning I felt we had no chance at neither and maybe they're both be gone.The reason I think Ngata couold drop is the same Gardner droped when he came out.People talked about his numbers but many felt he didn't play as good as his numbers all the time.There's been talk about thaat with Ngata too.If people feel that way and pass on him then I'd be very happy to draft him.Just to think of a D-line of Roth,Manny,Ngata and JT is amazing tho I know he can be gone.Every year a guy will drop....if Ngata falls to us I think Nick would take him in a heart beat and I'd be jumping up and down regarless of what some people think of him.Nick would get him to play just like he did with Manny.

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

I would be fine with that selection at 16. I agree, someone is going to fall to the middle of the first that is rated higher than that. Thats the value I think Saban has talent to find.

Out of everyone at the top, Ngata is the most likely to slip. Not sure if I want him though. He should have dominated this year but didn't. Is he too nice? We need a space eater so I wouldn't mind taking him. I do think there's a very good chance he'll be available.

In Saban I trust!

Back
Top Bottom