Merged: He's Back: Gadsden ready to play for Miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: He's Back: Gadsden ready to play for Miami

If we need to make the passing game better...than sign him...anything it takes to win the SB this year.

Originally posted by phinfan_1
I would take a out of shape and injured OG before a healthy D. Thompson any day. Just look how much D. Thompson has help us. OG makes plays, and he's done it since he's been here.

Apparently NO OTHER teams in the NFL agree with you.
I think that pretty much says it all don't you?

OG is done here I hope.

i do not really like him after all his bs ,

but i too want the best possible team on the field...

der-t, c.c84 and og , would not be too bad huh?

Well, lets not all rush to judge here. Perhaps Oronde does have some value. We can have him sit on the opposite side of whatever bench Larry Chester sits to ensure it doesn't tip over. :lol: Seriously, I don't think this tema needs him. Chambers seems to have learned a lot with him not around. Gadsen does seem to be humbled some, perhaps his agent ran out of corny promotional pamphlets and O.G. came to his senses.

I don't know. I wish Derrius had done better in the first three games, it would make this decision so much easier. I am getting the same vibes I got last year when talk of Cris Carter emerged. Those were not good vibes...

I really hope that we are not 'forced' to take him back, either through injury to another reciever, or simply lack of production. I will say this though, I would think that some of the guys on the Miami roster would probably restructure enough to get sufficiently under the cap for him. After all, inspite of his antics, he is probably still a popular guy with the team.

I'd rather move on and bury the Oronde situation for good. However, much as I love Tolver's future prospects for this team, I can't see him stepping in and becoming a starter this year. Basically then, barring a trade (I am still curious about Sylvester Morris) it comes down to Thompson, or McKnight. One of those guys needs to step up.

OG WAS AN EXCITING PLAYER

FOR THE DOLPHINS. I ALWAYS THOUGHT HE CONTRIBUTED A LOT TO THE TEAM. HE IS RANKED IN THE TOP 10 DOLPHINS RECEIVERS LIST.

I DEFENDED HIM EARLIER IN THE YEAR AGAINST(WHAT I FELT) WAS UNWARRANTED HEAT.
COACH JOHNSON SAW SOMETHING IN A WALK-ON AND IT PANNED OUT.

HE MADE MANY CLUTCH PLAYS FOR THE TEAM AND HIS CARRER HERE SHOULD NOT BE RIDICULED, BECAUSE OF CONTRACT DISAGREEMENT WITH THE FRONT OFFICE.

EVERY PERSON ON THIS BOARD SEEKS A BETTER SALARY FOR THEIR FAMILY AND THEMSELVES. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.

I WISH HIM THE BEST, WHEREVER HE SHOULD PLAY.

:jetssuck: :jetssuck: :jetssuck: :jetssuck:

Originally posted by Samphin
I don't know. I wish Derrius had done better in the first three games, it would make this decision so much easier. I am getting the same vibes I got last year when talk of Cris Carter emerged. Those were not good vibes...

i agree. i know carter signed some kind of HBO exclusive deal where he's not supposed to play, but if somebody doesn't step up and oronde doesn't come back i'm wondering when the whispers will start again...

i hope derrius or one of the rookies emerges, but the coaches don't have a lot of time to hope, and that might bring oronde back to the team eventually.

Re: OG WAS AN EXCITING PLAYER

Originally posted by JAKE91
FOR THE DOLPHINS. I ALWAYS THOUGHT HE CONTRIBUTED A LOT TO THE TEAM. HE IS RANKED IN THE TOP 10 DOLPHINS RECEIVERS LIST.

I DEFENDED HIM EARLIER IN THE YEAR AGAINST(WHAT I FELT) WAS UNWARRANTED HEAT.
COACH JOHNSON SAW SOMETHING IN A WALK-ON AND IT PANNED OUT.

HE MADE MANY CLUTCH PLAYS FOR THE TEAM AND HIS CARRER HERE SHOULD NOT BE RIDICULED, BECAUSE OF CONTRACT DISAGREEMENT WITH THE FRONT OFFICE.

EVERY PERSON ON THIS BOARD SEEKS A BETTER SALARY FOR THEIR FAMILY AND THEMSELVES. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.

I WISH HIM THE BEST, WHEREVER HE SHOULD PLAY.

:jetssuck: :jetssuck: :jetssuck: :jetssuck:

Excellent post! What he said!:tantrum:

No I wasn't implying that I wanted Cris Carter to come back. I never wanted Cris Carter here in the first place. What I am saying is that I am getting the same bad vibes about Oronde coming back as I did last year when Carter became a candidate.

I'm not sure what most of you are talking about when it comes to DT and McKnight, they haven't gotten half the passes Chambers has, the other passes are going to RW and McMicheals, what have DT and McK done to warrant some of your comments, if they don't get thrown the ball, it would be hard to show you something, last game DT caught every pass that got to him, Mcknight caught the one pass that got to him..so what are ya'll talking about, it's not like they're missing or dropping passes left and right, they haven't gotten the opportunties, One receiver catches a pass from Jay and he just keep going to them, Chambers caught a lot because Jay keeps going to him, just like Jay use to go to OG, but if Jay give DT and Mck. a chance, I think he gain confidence there too. But a WR who don't get thrown the ball will never show you ANYTHING.

I'm afraid that I have to disagree with you. The ball that was thrown to Thompson in the endzone was a good pass. Although Thompson drew the pass interference penalty, he completely miss timed his jump. Regardless of whether the flag was thrown or not, he should have caught that football.

In general, Thompson has looked very nervous. He certainly has all the talent and experience that he needs to produce some good numbers for this offense. Unfortunately, it appears as though his confidence is a little shaky.

Having said that though, DT deserves a few more games before we write him off. Should he catch 6 or 7 passes and score a TD on Sunday, not only will his confidence be restored, but people will also return to proclaiming him a quality reciever.

One misjudge pass does not make a season, if you're not use to getting the ball, things like that happen. Like you said give him more time.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
One misjudge pass does not make a season, if you're not use to getting the ball, things like that happen. Like you said give him more time.

As I said, I agree that he deserves time to prove himself. I was simply disputing your statement:-

"last game DT caught every pass that got to him".

One misjudged pass may not make a season (and I agree)....but obviously the above statement was false. I was simply pointing that out.
:)

Back
Top Bottom