Merged: He's Back: Gadsden ready to play for Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: He's Back: Gadsden ready to play for Miami

Originally posted by Muck
I know Rogers contract is only a 1-year deal. So there likely wouldn't be any additional cap hit.

The thing that Gadsden fails to realize (or just flatly disregards) is that Mark Dixon and Brian Griese are in a different position. We are very thin on the OL. Wade Smith had played exactly 1 year of LT in college. Dixon absolutely cannot be cut. Griese was new to the team. Aside from the reasons he was signed, you don't cut a guy like that soon.

Gadsden, on the other hand, was out of shape and sitting 6th on the depth chart. No need to cut a guy ahead of you on the depth chart who's worked his young butt off to get there.

I know it wouldn't be an additional hit, but it would be dead cap for this year.

Clayton has us 500,000 over the cap, if we resigned OG at , then we wouldn't have anything left in case of injuries this year. assuming he would sign for 500,000 or less (I think there's a pretty good chance he'll sign for anything at this point).

Originally posted by 13isgr81

OG was hardly in a position to FORCE the Dolphins into anything... From what I read the Dolphins WANTED Gadsden to sign an injury settelment and he didn't want to do it at first...

And why?

If the Phins would have cut him OG would have sued. He was not on IR.

The thread by his agent of a lawsuit made the Dolphins offer him an injury settlement.

Originally posted by FFiB

BS, he is trying to sound like a team player now because he knows that nobody wants him. Where was that "helping get into the playoffs" attitude last year?

And he didn't take the "I" settlement because he wanted to be back because he loves the Dolphins so much. Without that "I" settlement he would be playing beach ball with Lucas again.

That is the only reason he FORCED us into a settlement.

EXACTLY!!!

He's done, barring an injury to one of our WRs... I'd rather see Tolver get some action...

Originally posted by Oboy
Wow, it sounds like his attitude is better. Let's just see what kind of contract he wants to come back and help the team. I have really been against what he did last year and this offseason. However, after seeing that Thompson's preseason production has fallen off it may not be a bad idea to bring OG back. If nothing else to push DT.

opinions?

Of course his attitude is "better" right now. He's been slammed, has no job and the Fins called every bluff he threw at them.
Sounds like a desperate beggar at the door of Dolphin camp....
They've already moved on and there is no reason to reopen this situation. Nothing but problems if they do.

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$
As hard as it was to get rid of him..... I think the Jills need some wide outs. He's like a crazy ex. girlfriend that just won't go away. This guy is a cancer we don't need him. Too old, too slow, too greedy!!!!!!"Not gonna doit, wouldn't be prudent" :down:
Amen to that brother!!

unless we get hurt at WR, there is no way in heck we s/bring him back. He would have to replace McK or DT if we did as Tolver is the future and Simmons plays on ST. Of course, McK plays on ST, too.

why is there even a debate? who has proven anything on the field this year but chambers? i'd bring in anybody familiar with the system who can help the team. all the attitude questions are for the players and coaches to sort out, and if they can get past it, it isn't our problem as fans. this team needs somebody to step up opposite chambers or it will be a long year.

Originally posted by DPlus47
why is there even a debate?
I can think of at least 2 reasons:
  1. we need to cut someone if we sign him
  2. salary cap
    [/list=1]

Originally posted by dolphan39
I can think of at least 2 reasons:
  1. we need to cut someone if we sign him
  2. salary cap
    [/list=1]

1. i hear and understand those reasons, but you can't go through a season with one good wideout.

I have to say, I am starting to miss Gadsen, he is not fast, nor will he break any tackles, but he is surehanded position reciever. Mcknight and Thompson don't do anything for me.

If they're even looking at Gadsen at that time it's bad news for the Phins just like Carter was. You can't just come in and play at WR.

oh gosh no.....

This guy doesn't go away. Lets give him a ticket to Buffalo. I've been hearing they are in need of yet another overated and out of shape player who whines nonstop. :eek:

There is a huge BONUS for him in Buffalo, someone might actually buy some that crap line of clothing of his.

I would take a out of shape and injured OG before a healthy D. Thompson any day. Just look how much D. Thompson has help us. OG makes plays, and he's done it since he's been here.

I don't want to see Gadsden in a Bills uniform. Overated or not Gadsden has made a lot of critical catches for us and he could really improve the short to intermediate passing game of the Bills.

Derrius needs to get his butt in gear. Gadsden would of caught that TD pass D.T. "mis-judged". That and he has what 6 catches in three games? :rolleyes: He is a starting WR for cryin out loud!

At this point, I would welcome anyone who can produce back into the fold...including Gadsden.

Back
Top Bottom