MERGED: If Suh is signed who do we take in the 1st Rd? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: If Suh is signed who do we take in the 1st Rd?

WR, Kendricks, CB, and a wild card of Gurley would all be in play. Also don't sleep on Collins or Scherf if they fall...

Some might think the opposite...but I think if we got Suh the chance of us moving up for Cooper/White (if they fall at all) would actually increase.

It's gunna be interesting..

Don't you think we trade down and get Kendricks?

I don't see him going that early with the talent on the board.

Can't trade down if you don't have a partner and that partner needs to be in the early 20's to be safe. Kendricks being the only 3 down ILB in this draft makes me think he'll go higher than most are predicting.

Can't trade down if you don't have a partner and that partner needs to be in the early 20's to be safe. Kendricks being the only 3 down ILB in this draft makes me think he'll go higher than most are predicting.

yep...supply and demand...and that timed speed and size sure didnt hurt him...came in taller than expected and ran faster than expected...just icing on the cake on the tape

I can see somebody trading up for a pass rusher that falls to 14...thats my point.

I think Kendricks falls to 30 if we don't take him.

I can see somebody trading up for a pass rusher that falls to 14...thats my point.

I think Kendricks falls to 30 if we don't take him.

I think Dallas could be a wild card here. They need help up the middle in their defense. DT, MLB, safety, CB...they need mostly defense. Sean Lee has spent the last two seasons on IR...they could move on from him. Cleveland is another team but I think they'll go DT...their run defense was awful last year. Dallas and Green Bay (who's cut two linebackers) should definitely be in play for Kendricks at #27 and #30 though.

If Kendricks becomes the target....I would say trade down into the 20's....pick up an extra late 2nd rounder....or a package of picks.

I don't think he gets past Green Bay at 30.

14 is a little high value wise.

It's only a little high because he isn't 6'3 or has that "ideal size". I feel like you get Suh, you need a guy who is quick, both physically and instinctual and has the ability to play all 3 downs in the middle of our defense and bring a "leadership" quality with him. Kendricks is all of that. Trading down has too many variables, although I'm sure Miami will field offers regardless. Every team is looking to pick up a little something extra in the draft.

Makes a lot of sense for Miami and would be the final piece to what would shape up to be a top 3 front 7.

It's only a little high because he isn't 6'3 or has that "ideal size". I feel like you get Suh, you need a guy who is quick, both physically and instinctual and has the ability to play all 3 downs in the middle of our defense and bring a "leadership" quality with him. Kendricks is all of that. Trading down has too many variables, although I'm sure Miami will field offers regardless. Every team is looking to pick up a little something extra in the draft.

Makes a lot of sense for Miami and would be the final piece to what would shape up to be a top 3 front 7.

still would love to trade down a little bit and get Kendricks... but ya know, even if we just took Kendricks at 14 I am very happy!!! but I really think he is a guy we need to snag!!!

I hear you....but I would gamble On him being there into the 20's....I think Green Bay is the first real landing spot with the talent in this draft.

Even if someone snags him there are many talented players of need that will be there.

We could certainly use another 2nd or 3rd + round pick or picks.

I would target Taiwan Jones later if we miss out.

Scherff, Parker, Waynes, Gordon (whom I like more than Gurley, who imo compliments Miller better), or find a way to trade back a few (Kendricks, Strong)

I hear you....but I would gamble On him being there into the 20's....I think Green Bay is the first real landing spot with the talent in this draft.

Even if someone snags him there are many talented players of need that will be there.

We could certainly use another 2nd or 3rd + round pick or picks.

I would target Taiwan Jones later if we miss out.

what would scare me a bit on the trade down is Cleveland has 12 and 19 picks.... yes i can see them going elsewhere honestly... but at 19 possibly Kendricks.

then there is Dallas at 27, whom i also can see going for an ILB there... but its not an official need that the analysts are stating for them.

then Indy at 29, i think could definitely snag up Kendricks before Green Bay at 30

these are just all possible thoughts though... from my brain

what would scare me a bit on the trade down is Cleveland has 12 and 19 picks.... yes i can see them going elsewhere honestly... but at 19 possibly Kendricks.

then there is Dallas at 27, whom i also can see going for an ILB there... but its not an official need that the analysts are stating for them.

then Indy at 29, i think could definitely snag up Kendricks before Green Bay at 30

these are just all possible thoughts though... from my brain

Dallas' linebacking corp is pretty bad. Another possibility is that Dallas takes him at #27 and moves him to WLB and should Sean Lee get injured again they could just move Kendricks to MLB. The fact the Lee can't stay healthy and Rolando McClain could be suspended makes Kendricks pretty attractive IMO.

All In on DGB I don'tlike corners in the first round learning curve is very High for corners these days and many need 3 seasons of seasoning before they are ready I am not of fan of Waynes at 14. DGB with Wallace and Landry would be incredible. If you are taking a chance on Suh you should have no problem with DGB as far as attitude. Remember this coaching staff cant afford to play this offseason safe. They have to take risks.

If we can move down a couple of spots and still land him, fine, but I have absolutely no problem with picking him at #14, especially if the top 3 receivers are gone. The only other player you can really justify in that scenario (Suh signed and top 3 WRs gone) is Waynes. What kind of extra pick can we expect to land for a trade down of a couple of spots? Is it worth the talent level drop if somebody snatches up Kendricks and Waynes?

Dallas' linebacking corp is pretty bad. Another possibility is that Dallas takes him at #27 and moves him to WLB and should Sean Lee get injured again they could just move Kendricks to MLB. The fact the Lee can't stay healthy and Rolando McClain could be suspended makes Kendricks pretty attractive IMO.

yup.. .agreed. their LB core hasnt been great, and my main reason was Lee keeps getting injured... and he could be so good.

Back
Top Bottom