Merged: Injury Update/Moore out for a while | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Injury Update/Moore out for a while

Very dissapointing. I wish Moore could go out there and impress the coaches so he could start. I do not want to see him on the Bench come Week 1. Think we will pull Seau out and give him (Moore) playing time (If Healthy) in the final quarter and a half If we are killing the Texans?

Perry Gone....that sucks...I know Zgonina did a good job Friday, but still you never want to see someone go down.

I hope Konrad heals ASAP....he needs to be ready to go when Season starts.

Perry being gone more than just sucks... it's a panic. Zgonina can't pull that duty and stay in the rotation at DL... as Muck pointed out in another thread, the familiarity and bond that punters and kickers have with the long snapper, are such that the long snapper must be exclusive to that task. It's not a position that you can just toss anyone in to "fill in". We need to get someone in (there is already the intent to do so) ASAP.
Moore missing preseason is a dissapointment, but not a catastrophie, if he heals well, he could be in games as soon as week 1... realistically, he wasn't going to start that soon anyway.
Konrad is a bummer... although it will intensify the battle over who will be backing him up... Dyer is probably on his way out, so it will be good to have Irvin and Femi getting a lot of gametime reps. Konrad is familiar with the offense, and doesn't need the reps/looks as much as those two do.

Its not panic time, but this is just the first preseason game. We have to hope we come out of most of the rest of these preseason games and practices with few injuries.

NC...

I didn't mean it was time to "panic" in the literal sense... just that it's urgent we replace Perry ASAP. Thankfully there is time before the Season starts... but in the grand scheme of things, not a whole lot. It takes time to build that reporte' between the holder, punter, kicker and long snapper... and a few short weeks is asking a lot.

Originally posted by Emskirch
Not too shaby, lost one, always lose something in preseason.

Pre season isn't over yet and you can't just play second stringers the whole time.

After one pre-season game.. Miami lost Perry for the season, D. Bowens for the first 8 weeks or maybe more, Konrad for rest of pre-season, Moore for rest of pre-season and maybe first 3 weeks at worst??.. Thats not bad.. Even though it's only the end of week 1.. No starters besides Konrad, and he'll be fine so I'm happy with that..

Ed Perry getting hurt is a wake up call to all of us. I'm just scared at the rate we're going, we're going to lose someone huge before the season. I really hope that doesn't happen.

What's with all the injuries this year?

Man as long as it doesn't get as bad as that one preseason where players were dropping by the day, even my wife who knows nothing about FB is aware of the injury history the Fins have.

Hopefully we're getting the injury bug out of the way early. What's important is finishing the season strong and healthy. Long ways to go.

One good thing out of all this is that someone is gonna seperate from the pack for backup FB, Irvin or Ayanbadejo is gonna get reps with the first squad all throughout practice and even against jacksonville on friday...

didnt the fins already attempt to sign a long snapper?

Back
Top Bottom