Merged: Is there a cant miss LT we could get in the draft/Wade Smith=scared QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Is there a cant miss LT we could get in the draft/Wade Smith=scared QB

Dolfan4life

Starter
Reaction score
Is there a cant miss LT we could get in the draft.

We could always move Wade Smith to RT. Everyone seems content on keeping him at LT. That is scary given his play last year.

Drafting a LT, moving Smith to RT, McKinney at C, Nails at G, and a Solid run blocking G via FA.

Face it since Richmond Webb we have not had a monster LT. That position alone killed us last year.

Who is the kid from Arkansas. I heard he was supposed to be good.

Just an idea. I would just like to get a player that can play next year as opposed to drafting a QB with our #1 pick and waiting till he develops.

I like your thinking, Don't know of a draftee can't miss LT right now.

Robert Gallery (Iowa) is the best tackle in the draft, followed closely by Shawn Andrews (Arkansas).

Originally posted by finsnchips
Robert Gallery (Iowa) is the best tackle in the draft, followed closely by Shawn Andrews (Arkansas).
Gallery will likely be taken by the Giants at #4

Shawn Andrews is one of the best offensive tackles in the 2004 NFL Draft pool, and could be a top-ten selection.
http://football.about.com/cs/playerprofiles/p/shawnandrews.htm

as usual good LTs are hard to get in round 1 unless you are near the top

I like Wade Smith as the future; and besides we need a RT to protect Brunell's back ;)

Re: Is there a cant miss LT we could get in the draft.

Originally posted by Dolfan4life
We could always move Wade Smith to RT. Everyone seems content on keeping him at LT. That is scary given his play last year.

Drafting a LT, moving Smith to RT, McKinney at C, Nails at G, and a Solid run blocking G via FA.

Face it since Richmond Webb we have not had a monster LT. That position alone killed us last year.

Who is the kid from Arkansas. I heard he was supposed to be good.

Just an idea. I would just like to get a player that can play next year as opposed to drafting a QB with our #1 pick and waiting till he develops.

It would actually be alot easier IMO to land a starting RT in the draft than a LT

Wade Smith at LT next year = scared Miami QB

Who wouldn't be scared with him protecting your blind side.

And if Brunell is QB he will just be scrambling for his life hence he will see his fate in front of him.

Wade Smith shoudl not even be in the league next year he was the worst lineman i have ever seen i cant believe he even made the team in the first place

Originally posted by Brad528
Wade Smith shoudl not even be in the league next year he was the worst lineman i have ever seen i cant believe he even made the team in the first place
you mean the all-rookie team right :rolleyes2

Originally posted by Brad528

Dude, you need some new glasses and a head check if you honestly believe that Smith was one of the worst O-linemen you've ever seen. This is a guy who the national media ranked as the top rookie LT in the league and a guy who made very few errors outside of the two game stretch vs. the Colts and Titans.

You seriously need to rethink your position on this one. :rolleyes:

Wade did really well, let's face it - he was a rookie and got killed in only two games against two of the best RE in the NFL - Kearse and Freeney. He wouldn't have even started last year had Dixon not gone down. He made rookie mistakes, but they are forgivable - he was a rookie.

As this has turned into an offensive line thread...

does anyone rate Billy Yates and think he did a solid job last year?

yea, lets get off the Wade Smith bashing, its really unfounded... can someone link the thread that compared Wade Smith to other recent LTs drafted higher than him.

But finsnchips asks a good question, as far as the other young OL:

Yates, Whitley, Jerman (and i think theres a few more young guys im missing) how did they rate out and what are the chances of them actually breakin into the starting lineup this year??

Back
Top Bottom