MERGED: It's March Madness Time!!!/ Official NCAA Tournament Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: It's March Madness Time!!!/ Official NCAA Tournament Thread

Just from a bracket standpoint and not that it matters much, what's the deal with Kansas playing the winner of the play-in game? Thought that would be for the #1 seeded Florida.

Think "my" league the ACC with 7 teams is going to disappoint as the Big Ten did last year. With only 2 making sweet 16 (UNC & Maryland).

Go Heels! But getting to Final Four over Mich St/Texas/Georgetown may be the toughest on paper for a #1 seed at first glance. Followed by Kansas with Kentucky/Va Tech/UCLA, Ohio St with BYU/Virginia/Memphis, and Florida with Arizona/Maryland/Wisconsin.

Let the Madness begin!

Florida's toughest game in getting to the Final Four is Oregon IMO.

There are 4 #1 seeds. Florida is not the overall #1 seed.

Florida is the # 1 seed overall in the tourny. This year if all the # 1 seeds were seeded in top 4 order. Florida # 1, UNC # 2, Ohio St. # 3 Kansas # 4 so if all 4 # 1's make the Final Four, Florida will play Kansas instead of the South playing the East and the West Playing the Mid-West!

Florida is the # 1 seed overall in the tourny. This year if all the # 1 seeds were seeded in top 4 order. Florida # 1, UNC # 2, Ohio St. # 3 Kansas # 4 so if all 4 # 1's make the Final Four, Florida will play Kansas instead of the South playing the East and the West Playing the Mid-West!

Doh! My bad. Misread that article. You are correct.

I'd rather that than Ga Tech. They can match up with UF better than the others. I HOPE Wisconsin makes it to the Elite Eight, UF would kill them on the front line.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, Florida has the least amount of questions of all the number 1 seeds.

UNC has a tough road having to potentially face a combination of MSU,Marquette,Texas, A&M, and Georgetown.

Bill Self chokes come tourny time, and the guys Kansas will rely on heavily (Rush and Wright) are inconsistent.

As a completely unbiased view of Ohio State, their record is a bit misleading. UNC and Florida are the only two teams they've played all year that are good, if not great, offensively. They're bracket is stacked with some pretty good big men that can give Oden fits, and they'll be going up against some of the best guards in the country. In my bracket I have Tennessee beating O$U, but I wouldn't be surprised if either BYU or Xavier give the Buckeyes a scare in round 2 (not calling an upset though).

Also even though they should not ahve gotten in over Syracuse or Drexel, I think Stanford can make some noise in the tourney. The Lopez brothers are both really good defensively (Brook had a triple double earlier this year with points,rebounds, and blocks)

My final four:

OREGON

UCLA

GEORGETOWN

TEXAS A&M

Im not too happy with the comitee right now but i got Memphis to make a run at the title i guess.

I was thinking of starting an NIT thread but i didnt think it would get much action so i decided against it.

That's ok Mike....every team is pretty much a road team come tournament time. Not many teams play at home in the tourney so I am not getting your argument? :confused:

UCLA doesn't leave the state until they go to the Final Four. That is huge.

But my point was if you are bad on the road during the season then in the tourney your screwed. Some teams play well on the road so playing Oregon on a neutral site will help them and hurt Oregon.

I think Florida's toughest game will be in Round 2 vs Arizona. I wouldn't want to face Arizona in round 2 that could be scary.

Ummm, probably a homer pick...

BUT UCLA final four!

Right with you.

Go UCLA
Go USC
Go Long Beach State <--- My Cinderella Pick

cinderella991108247-1.jpg
=
clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom