Merged: Jay Cutler II | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Jay Cutler II

midwest_phinfan

Starter
Reaction score
Jay Cutler II

Cutler Interview

"Have you met with the Miami Dolphins yet?

Yeah. It lasted about 30 to 40 minutes. It was basic questions, feeling me out, seeing my personality. It was a good interview. They just want to get to know you. They just got off of their season and they just got done with their whole thing. So the head coaches don’t really have time to evaluate players. It’s just a give and take situation."

I am not opposed to drafting Cutler as long as we don't have to trade up to get him. I have a gut feeling that Saban and Co. are taking a long hard look at Whitehurst out of Clemson (who could be had a round or 2 later, and may be just as good a prospect.)

They just got off of their season and they just got done with their whole thing. So the head coaches don’t really have time to evaluate players. It’s just a give and take situation."

I'm a bit confused by this. Our season has been over for nearly a month now. Our coaches have had time to look at some film.

not opposed either... but not by trading up, which at this point, would be necessary...

there are gems to be found at the position in rounds 3+ ...

SMadison29 said:
I'm a bit confused by this. Our season has been over for nearly a month now. Our coaches have had time to look at some film.

Yeah, they have, it's in Saban's press transcript that they were given tidbits on each player and that they're evaluating them at the Senior Bowl.
I think he was trying to play the whole "It's not about the NFL" card in that interview and try to be a bit blinsided.

midwest_phinfan said:
I have a gut feeling that Saban and Co. are taking a long hard look at Whitehurst out of Clemson (who could be had a round or 2 later, and may be just as good a prospect.)

That "may be" is highly doubtful.

cutler and draft

i know i may get bashed for this because everyone knows about saban's philosophy about draft picks. but if he is set on snagging cutler in the first round, why doesnt he do what the bills did a few years ago. swap first round picks and offer next years first to get cutler. THATS ONLLY IF HE BELIEVES CUTLER IS THE ONLY CHOICE.

thoughts on that, i thought it was an idea so RW stays on the roster and theirs good incentive to trade picks.

also i was impressed witih DJ Shockley and am wondering if Saban is considering Shockley with either the 2nd rd pick or a 3rd.

i do not think croyle will be a good fit in the offense, plus of his injury woes. where shockley was starter for just a season and is fresh....aka ronnie brown.

midwest_phinfan said:
I have a gut feeling that Saban and Co. are taking a long hard look at Whitehurst out of Clemson (who could be had a round or 2 later, and may be just as good a prospect.)

IMO whitehurst is not a saban-type qb. he's a gunslinger that will take some chances and make bad decisions and mistakes; saban's philosophy on offense is hell-bent on protecting the football. out of the senior bowl qbs, cutler and croyle would fit that profile.

trade 2 numer 1s for Cutler, no thanks. Not when you get Croyle in the 2nd or maybe the 3rd, or Whitehurst in teh 3rd.

Shockley, no thanks again. reports from the senior bowl practices have Shockley being the worst QB there. missing targets, weak-armed, etc. see the reports on www.gbnreport.com some are now saying he may not even be drafted he has performed so poorly at the senior bowl.

cutler and draft

i know i may get bashed for this because everyone knows about saban's philosophy about draft picks. but if he is set on snagging cutler in the first round, why doesnt he do what the bills did a few years ago. swap first round picks and offer next years first to get cutler. THATS ONLLY IF HE BELIEVES CUTLER IS THE ONLY CHOICE.

thoughts on that, i thought it was an idea so RW stays on the roster and theirs good incentive to trade picks.

also i was impressed witih DJ Shockley and am wondering if Saban is considering Shockley with either the 2nd rd pick or a 3rd.

i do not think croyle will be a good fit in the offense, plus of his injury woes. where shockley was starter for just a season and is fresh....aka ronnie brown.

yea, shockley is and has always been very inconsistent and inaccurate. he'll be lucky to stick as a qb in the league.

Trading two firsts to move up 2-3 spots would probably be overpaying. You could probably move up by swapping firsts and this or next years third round pick, IMO

That price may be a little to steep.

SabanEra84 said:

What were you watching? Shockley has been awful this week. Thats a terrible comparison to Ronnie as well. Its good for a RB to be fresh, but for a QB its called inexperience, and thats not good.

I'll agree on the Croyle bit, something about him just looks odd (maybe its the fact he doesn't look like an nfl player). Also has Cutler really proven that much other than showing he has talent to warrant the Dolphins trading multiple first rounders for him? The only two QB's I would trade up for is Vince Young and Matt Leinart. Two guys who've played at the pinnacle of levels in college and shown they're above it.

daniel3 said:
The only two QB's I would trade up for is Vince Young and Matt Leinart. Two guys who've played at the pinacle of levels in college and shown they're above it.

Pinacle? :lol: So you think Young will be successful in the NFL?

Back
Top Bottom