Merged:Jim Haslett on Tebucky Jones/Haslett's an attention whore!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Jim Haslett on Tebucky Jones/Haslett's an attention whore!!

Haslett knows nothing about football the free safety its the last man in the field, if the last guy in the field was your leading tackler that means that Rbs simply go thru the LOS and the Line backing corps like butter and that Cbs cant stay with their man EVER so that means that the rest of you D was worse than Jones. The tackles that the las guy in the field makes normanlly are TD saving tackles imagine 101 TDs more against the Saints D?

I you wonder why a 101 its because that is the # of tackles Tebucky had last season.

That's two from him: He took Steriods and now Jones isn't that great. Haslett is a
D!ckhead and he should have been fired last year. Nice job in N.O!!!!

some people forget we did give him 2 first round picks for ricky.......he did say, ricky would have a great first year with us, then after that, it could go downhill. sounds right on to me.

Whether what he says is true or not, IMO, Jim Haze-lett is hands-down the worst coach in the NFL. The ONLY thing he has done in New Orleans is win the division and get the franchise's only play-off win ever in 2000. And even that game they almost didn't win. They were ahead 31-7 in the fourth quarter and something like 5 Rams turnovers helped them escape by winning 31-28. I don't think the Saints have been over .500 since.

miami_mi said:
some people forget we did give him 2 first round picks for ricky.......he did say, ricky would have a great first year with us, then after that, it could go downhill. sounds right on to me.

I remember what he said, and everytime I don't feel that bad knowing they drafted horribly with those picks.

also note that steroids werent tested for back then, so he didnt do anything wrong!!!!!!!

Ricky didnt went downhill, his production was pretty steady until he retired and if he comes back for anyone he comes to he will still be very prodsuctive.

VanDolPhan said:
Err what's he saying that isn't true? Jones has never come up with the INT's and isn't good in space. Hence the move to strong safety. He's also just a short term replacement here until Saban can find a suitable SS.

I agree, and it won't hurt Tebucky to hear that. Steelers fan are fuming over him saying tha Pittsburgh was ground zero for steroid use in the '70's.:fire:

Who cares, football used steroids, I believe him, Jones is not the best safety in the world, I believe him, we took him on the cheap because no one else was available or we didnt want to pay them, I believe him. I dont care. You guys are a little testy.

minorfan said:
Per today's Palm Beach Post:

Haslett jabs Jones: Saints coach Jim Haslett has mixed feelings about the abilities of Tebucky Jones, whom the Dolphins signed away from New Orleans this off-season.

Haslett said Jones has the talent, size, speed and toughness to be an effective player. But he also said that Jones doesn't "take care of himself," "is better in the box than in space," "was a very poor tackler the first year we got him," and that "I don't know why he can't catch the ball."

"I think Nick (Saban) took him because they didn't really have anybody else," Haslett said.

Well we did have Sammy Knight!! I loved Knight. But obviously Saban wants something else from his SS...Knight is at the top of the league in takeaways the last 5 years - but he is a step slow. Tebucky is the opposite - doesn't create a lot of turnovers, but is very fast. Perhaps Saban is thinking if the ENTIRE defense can play faster and tackle well the turnovers will come?

I have heard the same things about Tebucky but maybe Saban wants to use him a different way.I am sure he is aware of the cticisms.

I'll at leat be happy knowing we have a safety who can knock somebody into next week. Too bad Kenoy Kennedy got away.

Back
Top Bottom