Merged:Kiper Draft Report in Mail Today/has us taking a Safety in the 3rd rd. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Kiper Draft Report in Mail Today/has us taking a Safety in the 3rd rd.

ncdolfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Kiper Draft Report in Mail Today

Got Kiper's book in the mail today. Did not see this posted anywhere so thought I would share. Here is his mock draft for the Dolphins (through round 6):

Round 1 (20) Shawn Andrews
Round 3 (87) Madieu Williams - S from Maryland
Round 4 (119) Rodney Leisle - DT from UCLA
Round 6 (186) Bruce Thornton - CB from Georgia

Also, Kiper's take on the needs of the Dolphins (listed in order of need):

(1) Free Safety -not comfortable with Arturo Freeman's consistency
(2) Offensive Tackle (Right) - Given McIntosh's surgery, not comfortable with St. Clair as projected starter now. He thinks Taylor Whitley would be starting RG if decision had to be made now - Kiper acknowledges that Whitley struggled last year, but feels he still can be productive player.
(3) Wide Receiver - need #3 wideout
(4) Linebacker - Need backup middle LB now that Hendricks is gone
(5) Cornerback - Need 4th CB

I guess mine will be coming in soon then...thanks for the update. Glad the shipment is out.

Interesting.

I guess safety is no longer that great a need with Edwards on board.

Still, I wouldn't mind drafting either Taylor or Ware by means of trading up or down.

i could live with that draft. andrews, no comments required. williams, very athletic. leisle, we need to get younger at dt. thornton, i'd rather have tbuck as 4th corner.

Thornton is not a bad looking cornerback. He played very well in the Post Season All-Star games. Good size and very good speed.

I don't like that draft at all. I don't really want Andrews, we don't need a safety or a corner.

Ozzy rules!!

bad draft...it could be outdated in about 3 days.

We should be set at Safety, arguably set at tackle if we get Randall, DT is a solid #3 receiver in anyone's book and we have LOADS of potential at the WR position, and we don't need to go LB and CB in the first.

Kiper has us taking a Safety in the third round...

Madeau Williams

DS | (6'0", 190, 4.49) | MARYLAND | COLLEGE STATS
Data from Scouts, Inc.

Grade: 71
Comments: Williams is an athletic tweener corner/safety who looks most like a free safety. Athletic, fluid hips. Very good quickness, burst closing. Good range in run support, zone coverage. Athletic enough to match up vs. most slot receivers. Takes good angles, very good ball skills. Experience at cornerback, good at protecting himself in man coverage. Tough, power for size. Good strength for size, solid open-field tackler. Does excellent job as ?gunner? on special teams. More of a raw athlete. Lacks football instincts, speed, size. Must be protected from certain man-coverage situations. Lacks size to match up vs. bigger tight ends. Lacks recovery speed if he makes mistakes in zone coverage. Strong for size, but lacks bulk to match up in the box consistently. Will have trouble taking on, shedding blocks in phone booth. Williams is an intriguing developmental athlete. As a starter in 2002, Williams had 82 tackles and four interceptions. He started 13 games for the Terps in 2003 and finished with 86 tackles, three interceptions and five passes broken up. Williams lacks size and is somewhat inexperienced at safety, but he is a much better fit as a centerfielder-type safety than he is as a cornerback, because he lacks the speed to match up against NFL receivers on the outside. Williams has the potential to develop into a starting free safety, but he'll probably slip to the early part of Day

FYI....:D

I just don't see us taking a safety the first day of the draft. I know anything's posible but unless we move down andd get some extra picks I don't see it as we should go o-line and then DT, WR or LB imo.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom