Merged:Law Likely 2 Return 2 Pats?/What do ya'll think? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Law Likely 2 Return 2 Pats?/What do ya'll think?

dominizzo said:
He doesn't need proof. If you know football and you've followed our fellow Rivals for at least last year than you know this much.

Common football knowledge requires no proof.

I think the guy was being sarcastic with this topic.

BTW it's O.T.I.S. not Otis.

Are we trying to put together a team to win 16 games by a margin of 30 points a game. I am happy just winning 12-13 games, We are ok now!

June 1st?

This new defense that Saban is putting in can't afford to wait much longer than right after June 1st to decide which way to go as far as a corner. But the real concern, with Chester back in surgery to remove loose bodies and Bowens completely silent about his back (we'd all be hearing about it if it felt great) is DT.

In fact, while we have a lot of young, developmental talent on this team from 2nd year and 3rd year talent to our draft class, what will determine the success of this team is the play of the Defensive and Offensive lines. Skill positions like RB, WR and CB get immensely better results when the respective lines do their jobs.

I believe experimenting with Wade Smith at Center is nice and all, but we NEED to brin in serious competition for Seth McKinney who, as I've stated many times before, is a disgrace at his position. If we find a decent anchor, Coach Houck WILL get these guys going.

On the defensive line, our new scheme will allow us to come at the QB from almost any position when we switch into a 3-4 look like the Patriots have done for years. Problem is, for that to work you've GOT to have a DT that can take on a double team and at least STAND HIS GROUND, forcing the RB to find the next gap and allowing our linebackers to fill them.

If our DT is pushed around by two guys then every running play the Offense runs against us could go for 20 yards if not more. A guy coming off an ACL and a scope of his knee is not a guarantee. And Bowens... I love the guy but he's probably done. If he couldn't stay healthy on a man to man match up, the 3-4 look we're gonna employ is just gonna kill him.

We need another big, strong DT. As for CB, do I think Buckley would fill the bill? Yeah, I do actually. But can he learn the scheme? Is he willing, after being in the league so long, to re-learn a whole system just to play with Miami for one more year? Who knows.

We need a Center, DT, CB and we need a speedier KR guy. Wes will be fine for Punts. That's my opinion.

Go Phins!!

gonick1 said:
I just saw that CB Otis Smith has retied as a Pat. and that leaves room and $$ for law 2 close the door on other teams. pshew glad thats over.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?sportId=28
How does that leave $$ and room? It said he just came and signed a 1 day contract meaning he wasn't under contract or costing them $$ anyway??

I Would Go After Law...going Cheaper Makes No Sense, Can Cheaper Make Big Plays Like Ty Law? Some Things You Can Go Cheaper On...not Cornerback [/b] In The N F L.

I believe Saban was interested in Law, but not for an absurd amount of money. Adding Law to our backfield would be a major boost to our defence. Could you imagine getting pressure on the QB while having a beast like Law stalking back there. I would have loved this.

I think it will be a decision by Law. Singn cheap in the place he lives or get more money elsewhere...

I doubt that he'll sign for little with the phins - but keep in mind that he could play the Pats 2 time a year is a bonus too here in Miami - as is the weather and the tax thing...

Back
Top Bottom