Merged: LOL... Here we go again SD Fans Say Rush D overrated / More..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: LOL... Here we go again SD Fans Say Rush D overrated / More.....

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
LOL... Here we go again SD Fans Say Rush D overrated

When will they ever learn LOL...

Taken from a Dan Diego charger Fan forum:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/forums/upload/showthread.php?threadid=18765

Stric9
Oct 2002

While I agree Miami's run defense looks very imposing. The fact is the best running back they have faced this season is Fred Taylor who didn't even get 100 yards rushing against us.

------------

Chargers8491

Miami is over-rated......
Miami's run defense is way overrated look at the teams they played against: Houston, Jets, Buffalo, Giants, Jaxs, and New England...

There is probably 2 or 3 teams in that bunch that have an average running game at best.

There offense pretty much sucks except for RW. Fiedler is not a very good QB. The Chargers secondary will do fine..

But the match-up i cant wait to see??? Is Oneal blasting JR out of the hole. I cant wait for Oneal to decleat JR. Also, It will be fun watching JR take hiself out of plays. I wont be pained anymore now knowing hes not doing it for the Chargers.
---------------

DaBolts

The matchup I want to see is LT vs their run D. The one that scares me is us vs. ourselves. If we go out and continue to make stupid penalties...we could be in for a long night.

-----------
sonorajim

And as we all know, being a top run defense is a stat that does not translate into wins. Also they haven't played anyone who is running the ball well against other teams, either.

More SD Fan comments...

http://www.signonsandiego.com/forums/upload/showthread.php?threadid=18765

chargerlover

Dolphins matchups.....
What matchup are you most looking forward to seeing, and which makes you sick to your stomach when you think about it?

I'm looking forward to whomever is covering Dwight / Parker. I think Boston will be double teamed much of the day which will open up the day for #2 and #3 receiver.

I'm not looking forward to our D-line against thier O-line. We have to win that match up, or else RW runs, and Fiedler / Griese passes.

---------

stormbringer

Every time that LT has a monster day rushing (over 150+ yards), he has followed up with a below than average performance (under 50 yards). Couple that with the fact that we're facing the #1 rushing defense in the NFL and we may have some major problems if Drew has a bad passing day next Monday.

Boston will more than likely draw double-coverage, so I hope Parker/Dwight can step up.

OTOH, I'd like them to get the ball to Gates a little more..

If our "new and improved" defense looks as good against the Fish as they did against the Brownies, then we got a chance in our own background...

-----------

Critter

Am I the only one who thinks we are going to get crushed on Monday night?
----------

chargerlover

it's going to be a close game, I think. They have thier share of problems, and have areas we can exploit. Whether we do or not remains to be seen. If, and I say "if" we lose, we're not going to get crushed. My guess is that the game is decided by 6 points or less... And today's line is Fins by 3 1/2.....
-----------

Shiver'n Bolt'01

This just in: Fiedler is hurt and Griese may be starting. Take this news as you wish.

BTW, Ricky is going to run all over us so be ready for that. Its not being pessimistic, its being realistic.
----------

LV_BOLT

Not that any team in the NFL has played consistent this season, but you remember what happened to Buffalo when they became one dimensional against the Fish earlier this year. After they shut down the Bills run attack they totally shut down Bledsoe and the passing attack. The game became a defensive battle.

We all know we can not win that kind of game. More of a reason to make sure we get L.T. some holes and the running game going this Monday.

Well, at least Charger fans aren't unrealistic and full of crap like the Jags fans were...

Thanks. I'm signing up now. Heh, you can't have a username under six characters. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Muck
Thanks. I'm signing up now. Heh, you can't have a username under six characters. :rolleyes:
Muck39 ;) LOL

Yea - about as over-rated as it was last year when we held LT to 45 yards.

clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom