Merged: Looks like Smoot has signed with Vikings! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Looks like Smoot has signed with Vikings!

fins54

Scout Team
Reaction score
Looks like Smoot has signed with Vikings!

Sorry if this was already posted...I saw where threads were moved but not posted...

Cornerback Fred Smoot, the top coverage defender still remaining in the unrestricted free agent pool, has reached a contract agreement in principle with the Minnesota Vikings, a move that will further bolster a defense that statistically ranked 28th in the league overall during the 2004 season.
Smoot's contract is for six years and a total of $34 million. It includes bonus money of $10.8 million.

Sorry I am too new to post a URL but its on ESPN/NFL page.

Its going to be difficult to make a deal for surtain.... With all the FA CB around... and the appearant deep CB pool in the draft... His agent will defiantely have to be creative

fins54 said:
Sorry if this was already posted...I saw where threads were moved but not posted...

Cornerback Fred Smoot, the top coverage defender still remaining in the unrestricted free agent pool, has reached a contract agreement in principle with the Minnesota Vikings, a move that will further bolster a defense that statistically ranked 28th in the league overall during the 2004 season.
Smoot's contract is for six years and a total of $34 million. It includes bonus money of $10.8 million.

Sorry I am too new to post a URL but its on ESPN/NFL page.

Not to be mean, but it had to be posted before it could be moved.:)

i think that surtains value is going up byther second! the two top corner available are surtain and ty law. with law being in a wheel chair i doubt anyone will sign him for a while. so let the bidding comence for surtain!

Looks like Surtain Will Not be a Viking

The Vikings filled their corner needs by signing Fred Smoot

clear.gif

Boone said:
Damn...I wouldve liked that #7 pick....

This doesn't mean that the Vikes don't want to trade up with us to get the #2 pick. It just means were not trading Surtain with them, that's all, for now.

Maybe they still would consider trading their 2 first rd picks for our #2 overall.
Wishfull thinking I guess....

Back
Top Bottom