Merged:LT Derrick Deese, Garrison Hurst released | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:LT Derrick Deese, Garrison Hurst released

Not a starter, but in case anyone cares to look, we have no other LT's on the entire roster.

I'd sign the guy the first day of FA and have him be teh swing T and teach Wade Smith a little bit about being a successful LT in this league.

Good depth but I would still allow Deese to be a starter and move Wade Smith to either RT or LG, where he could continue to learn and grow until he is sure-fire ready to start at LT. I think we could be headed for disaster counting on him to be so much better in his 2nd year cuz no doubt his responsibilities will be increased and its a real question as to whether he can fill them in only his 2nd year. RT and LG were places he was actually considered for by personnel experts that draft for NFL franchises, so its not like my idea here is ridiculous. Deese doesn't have much left in the tank, when Smith is ready he takes over. Solves our LT and LG problems IMO. BUT, I would still like a good other interior OL like Damien Woody...or a RT like Tait.

Tait BTW according to ESPN Insider, is slated to move to his "more natural position" at LT. Hmm...

Remember before we got Ricky that the next best option at RB was Garrison Hearst via free agency? Glad we got Ricky...even though we ended up overpaying.

Tait also had the transition tag placed on him and KC has said they'll do anything to keep him.

Tait is a natural LT, remember he played there his first few years and is much more suited to the less physical style of play that LT's employ than the road grader type RT.

Who says Deese can't start for us. San Fransisco offense was clicking with either QB when he was in there.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Good depth but I would still allow Deese to be a starter and move Wade Smith to either RT or LG, where he could continue to learn and grow until he is sure-fire ready to start at LT. I think we could be headed for disaster counting on him to be so much better in his 2nd year cuz no doubt his responsibilities will be increased and its a real question as to whether he can fill them in only his 2nd year. RT and LG were places he was actually considered for by personnel experts that draft for NFL franchises, so its not like my idea here is ridiculous. Deese doesn't have much left in the tank, when Smith is ready he takes over. Solves our LT and LG problems IMO. BUT, I would still like a good other interior OL like Damien Woody...or a RT like Tait.

Tait BTW according to ESPN Insider, is slated to move to his "more natural position" at LT. Hmm...

Remember before we got Ricky that the next best option at RB was Garrison Hearst via free agency? Glad we got Ricky...even though we ended up overpaying.

Wade Smith isnt big enough yet to move around the line, he needs to stay at a tackle position....

Next option was Fred Taylor.

Stick to the plan! Interior Linemen! dont any of you listen!!!!:yell: :yell: :fire:

im sorry, i had a rough night at work. workin with a bunch of bills fans is a train wreck.

now derrick deese is the kinda guy miami could use.. for depth purposes.. i'd sign him ASAP

Umm no you do sign another tackle, who backs up Wade Smith?

Derek Deese Released

Deese was released by the Niners. I believe we were looking at him last year when we thought he might be released.

Thoughts?

Also, i believe he is a left tackle and has'nt given up a sack in 35 straight games.

He struggled somewhat last year and his best days are behind him.

agreed, old and best days behind him.. Lets beef up the interior since thats where ricky likes to run, and no matter who we bring in at QB and WR, it's still rickys team.

Originally posted by Jaj
Who says Deese can't start for us. San Fransisco offense was clicking with either QB when he was in there.

Agreed. He has played every position on the line and has gone 35 games:eek: wihout giving a sack. GRAB HIM!!!!

Back
Top Bottom