Merged: Madison doesn't want to take a pay cut??!!!/Zach s/chip in with 5 mil | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Madison doesn't want to take a pay cut??!!!/Zach s/chip in with 5 mil

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Zach s/b chipping in 5 mil...

''We've talked about Zach guaranteeing his salary for next year and we'll work out the details of that in the next week or so,'' agent Drew Rosenhaus said. ``That's something that Zach is willing to do to help the team.''

The Dolphins can save approximately $5 million in cap space by guaranteeing Thomas' salary, including a $4.5 million roster bonus he is due prior to next season.
from Cutting salary cap Job 1 for Dolphins

looks like Jay and Sam are not budging, yet :(

Madison doesn't want to take a pay cut??!!!

Is this guy for real? There's no way he deserves his base salary (6.3 Mill) + 2mill in bonuses.

He does deserve that salary he is one of the best in the game

Originally posted by nick19991

He did deserve that salary he was one of the best in the game!! Now he is not even the best on his own team. IF he refuses we are in DEEP SHI*!!! Hopefully he attitude will change or we will have to pull a MILLOY on him.:eek: Perhaps shawn prings could be his replacement.;)

I meant shawn springs. Anyone else know who would be available besides Law and the guy from buffalo (who could not catch a cold standing naked in a frozen lake erie).

I know, he is still a good corner overall but this guy does not deserve 8 mill a year for the stupid personal fouls he gets every other game allowing the opposing team to continue their game-changing drive(s).

There's an article about it in the Herald

here's the link

First off it's true that he doesn't want to take a paycut. Can you blame him? would you?... however his agent did say he's willing to renegotiate the contract which will help the team save money against the cap

Madison is scheduled to make $6.3 million in base salary next season, and guaranteeing a portion of that money would help the team lower his $8.03 million cap number next year

I hope they gaurantee a portion of his money and change some of his base salary into incentives on the future part of the contract

Antoine Winfield couldn't catch a cold??? He's pretty darn good...

Anyway we're actually gonna see a pretty decent FA crop of CBs coming this offseason if all goes as planned. I mean you've got some big names comin out that will likely be franchised (like Champ Bailey and Chris McCalister). Rumors have Charles Woodson switchin teams. Troy Vincent's days in Philly are probably done (though reportedly he's already angling for a gig in New England). His teammate Bobby Taylor should be a free agent too. As mentioned ya got Shawn Springs, and a guy that could be more intriguing is Ahmed Plummer out of San Fran. Speaking of San Fran Jason Webster also a free agent, and so goes the rumor they'll keep one of them, dont know which one. Of the meat and potatoes crowd we got Fernando Bryant, Doug Evans, Mario Edwards, Will Peterson (RFA), David Macklin, and of course T-Buck. Will Peterson is in with the lower crowd only cuz he's an RFA....not sure what his tender would be but it might be a first which means no way jose.

Re: Madison doesn't want to take a pay cut??!!!

Originally posted by jbond
Is this guy for real? There's no way he deserves his base salary (6.3 Mill) + 2mill in bonuses.

It's not their fault the $$s are soooo ridiculous. One has to look no further than out GM [at the time] Dave wannstedt for this schiddy situation.

I don't blame Madison for not wanting to take a paycut, as mentioned....who would want to lose a couple of million? If he doesn't however, then I think he should be cut before or after this next season.

Darn CK....that' a lot of corners out there......hope Sammy boy starts thinking of the market and remembers what happened to OG last offseason...

Originally posted by nick19991

Correction.........WAS, back during his early yrs. He's a prime example of sloughing it out after the big pay day. these kind of guys just make me wanna puke!!

Oh as for what the agent said I take that with a grain of salt. If they do give him a paycut it will be kept quiet and likely disguised a lot like Ruddy's paycut was disguised...take a bunch of base salary and turn it into unlikely to be achieved incentive. One thing we could do is take a bunch of base and make it an incentive that he achieves if we get top 15 in pass defense in 2004...our pass defense has been not good over the past two years and I personally lay a good part of the blame on Madison who is not playing like he use to.

not to turn this into a cap thread....but was it ever determined if all incentives and bonuses actually count towards 'salary' of the player (against the cap)?

Re: There's an article about it in the Herald

Originally posted by rhadaddy
here's the link

First off it's true that he doesn't want to take a paycut. Can you blame him? would you?... however his agent did say he's willing to renegotiate the contract which will help the team save money against the cap

I hope they gaurantee a portion of his money and change some of his base salary into incentives on the future part of the contract

From a $$$ standpoint, he'd be a flippin' fool to take cut cut.
However, from a morality standpoint, he's an idiot since he has to back up with his hand out to grab his check. Apparently, he fails to realize that the big contract is not just a reward for a job well done previously but also for a continuing well done job. The latter part is where he has faile miserably in. B4 his big deal, he was giving us 7-8 picks/yr and since then only 2 or 3. His passes defended has also been in serious decline as well.

Originally posted by dreadlockera
I meant shawn springs. Anyone else know who would be available besides Law and the guy from buffalo (who could not catch a cold standing naked in a frozen lake erie).

The guy I want to replace him will is in the draft and thats Ahmad Carroll who IMO will be the best CB coming out of the draft in the next 1-2.

Back
Top Bottom