Merged:Manning resigns with Colts/Looks good | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Manning resigns with Colts/Looks good

Actually the Colts are in good shape for 2004 now that Manning has signed. I wonder whay 2005 looks like :lol:

Manning is a class act, but I wonder if Colts fans will resent him when the FO can't put quality players around him because of that contract.......

f#$@*& the colts. Who cares about what they do?

Ozzy rules!!

Oh Hell no....this can't be true after all people who were on this board claiming that Miami was going to make a STRONG run at him.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Superself
Oh Hell no....this can't be true after all people who were on this board claiming that Miami was going to make a STRONG run at him.

:rolleyes:

He never became available............If he did become available.....not only miami, but half the league would have tried to figure out how to fit him in.............

Originally posted by Section126

He never became available............If he did become available.....not only miami, but half the league would have tried to figure out how to fit him in.............

My point is how ludicrous it was to think the Colts would even let him become available!!

Looks good for the AFC

Payton Manning's ontract is worth $99.2 million over seven years, with a 34.5 millions dollar signing bonus ESPN.com has learned through league sources. Manning's per-year average salary will be $14.17 million, an NFL benchmark.

I understand that Payton is the best QB in the NFL right now, but no body is worth that much money. This is good for the AFC because the Colts will have to cut a lot of players and wont be able to sign a lot. To strap your whole team's salary on to one guy is nuts. I would much rather have Jake Delhome and go to the Super Bowl rather than Payton. I just cant believe this.

Well, not in today's market anyway. Salaries are coming down in all the sports. The economy sucks and that trickles down to player salaries. To give that much to one player in this time of lower salaries is ridiculous. I can't believe they'd jeopardize the team as a whole for one player.

Back
Top Bottom