Merged: Mare's quote/comment | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Mare's quote/comment

Phinz1972

Make me a sammich
Reaction score
Mare's quote/comment

Anybody hear/read Mare's comment/quote after the game?

It went something like this(not exact word by word but same point): "I like keeping everyone on their toes and keep people in the concession stands."

P.S. My spelling my be off but I am dead tired but can't sleep, so I am sorry if anything is spelt wrong.

I think he was kidding/making humor out of his struggles.

Yeah well I know he is being sarcastic and whatnot but I think for every kick he misses he should have to give back some money, That would straighten him up real quick. Or better yet, Every kick he misses, he gets a swift kick in the groin from Reggie F'n Roby. That would straighten him out real quick...of course it might also kill him. Anyone remember how Reggie used to get full extension? I think a kick to the goodies would be damn near fatal.

He need to learn to follow through on his kicks.. The reason why his kicks are shanking to the right is because when he makes contact with the ball, he stops his foot right there.. If he followed through and swung his leg in full motion, the ball would go right where you aimed and with the proper spin on the ball..

Mare himself needs to go back to his mechanics on kicking..

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
He need to learn to follow through on his kicks.. The reason why his kicks are shanking to the right is because when he makes contact with the ball, he stops his foot right there.. If he followed through and swung his leg in full motion, the ball would go right where you aimed and with the proper spin on the ball..

Mare himself needs to go back to his mechanics on kicking..

If he had a coach that knew anything about special teams he would follow through. Keith Armstrong is crap. I was all over Bates last year and this year Armstrong is on my crap list. Notice since they got rid of that guy in the wheel chair Mare's gone down hill.

Thank you sherif, I was just thinking the same thing yesterday.

we used to have a K'ing coach - Blevins - who quit or retired. Wonder if that is messing up Mare. Either way he needs to be of a sure thing like expected. Kers are usually not less reliable w/age, but just weaker.

Fine his a$$ 5000 dollars for every kick he misses under 50 yards and I bet he steps it up. That is what that should do.

Olindo Mare quote

At least he has a sense of humor......

http://profootballweekly.com/PFW/Features/They+Said+It/2003/said12.htm

Dolphins PK Olindo Mare on nailing a 43-yard field goal with 8:48 left in overtime to beat the Ravens 9-6 despite sailing wide right on a 48-yard attempt with the score tied and 2:29 left in regulation: “Obviously you would like to win it in regulation, but I tried to keep everybody on their toes and keep the concession stands open.â€Â

Id much rather see him joke around like that than sulk...made me laugh a bit

I saw Mare's kick last year against the Broncos and what was needed there was a powerful kick for 56 yards or something..

Mare put his whole momentum and body into the kick and kicked it the way he did yesterday when both kicks were swerving to the right..

Mare made that kick against Broncos and now is kicking like that all the time.. That is why he is struggling big time.. Basically, against the Broncos, he kicked the ball as hard as he could and hoped the ball would stay center.. Thats not the way to kick for accuracy and he's kicking that way with the simple ones he's made all his career with ease..

Kicking mechanics..

I don't get it. He kicks a 50+ yarder against the Broncos last year, a 52 yarder against the Ravens, and then misses a 40 yarder in the same game. If his mechanics were off, he wouldn't be making the 50+ yarders. The missed 40 was dead on until it curved at the end. Kicking is not an exact science, otherwise he'd make 90% of his kicks. I think he just rushed that one kick and didn't get all of it - hence the change in direction at the end. I don't think his mechanics are shot, he just needs to relax and make his kicks.

it was a 48 yard kick in the wind...

i'm not worried. he is a pro-bowl kicker and will whatever is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom