Merged: McIntosh Signing w/ Fins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: McIntosh Signing w/ Fins

Fin4life

Practice Squad
Reaction score
McIntosh will be a Fin/nearly official

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...ons/thursday/sports_04f4fe5107a152a80064.html

Damion McIntosh, whom the Dolphins hope will be their starting right tackle next season, underwent surgery on his right ankle Wednesday and is expected to miss four to six months.

The Dolphins and McIntosh's representatives are expected to announce details of a contract today that will bring the former Hollywood-McArthur High player home after nearly a week of roller-coaster emotions.

McIntosh Signing w/ Fins

Looks like the Fins think he might be able to start next season. Maybe they sign him and a cheap veteran as insurance.

Damion McIntosh, whom the Dolphins hope will be their starting right tackle next season, underwent surgery on his right ankle Wednesday and is expected to miss four to six months.

The Dolphins and McIntosh's representatives are expected to announce details of a contract today that will bring the former Hollywood-McArthur High player home after nearly a week of roller-coaster emotions.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...ons/thursday/sports_04f4fe5107a152a80064.html

A good cheap veteran Pickup would be Marcus Spriggs...he did a good job backing up on the Oline at OT 2 years ago for us

Great, now we can focus on getting a RG in here. Bring Bobbie Williams back to town.

Originally posted by MARLINSFAN305
A good cheap veteran Pickup would be Marcus Spriggs...he did a good job backing up on the Oline at OT 2 years ago for us

Spriggs left on pretty bad terms. I'd have to go with Blake Brockermeyer or Spencer Folau.

Sucks for him. The guy works his tail off i the league and then hurts his ankle in his contract year, and as a result loses millions. I hope he fully recovers....

Originally posted by SMadison29

Spriggs left on pretty bad terms. I'd have to go with Blake Brockermeyer or Spencer Folau.

Isn't Brockermeyer out of the league now?

his contract this year will be minimum with incentives! yes! this ended up working in our favor. if he heals in five months, he will be ready to go but will be rusty, wont start.

Originally posted by phunwin

Isn't Brockermeyer out of the league now?

I don't think so. He just played for the Broncos last year & played in every game.

I hate to burst your bubble but he hasn't signed yet.

It is only EXPECTED that he will according to the plam beach post... there is a big difference.

Originally posted by SMadison29

I don't think so. He just played for the Broncos last year & played in every game.

Oh. Um, uh, I meant his brother, Tom Brockermeyer. Yeah, that's it. :smackhead

Brockermeyer couldn't beat out Ephraim Salaam for the LT position on the Broncos and he's got serious health concerns to boot.

Anyway 6 months from the day of McIntosh's surgery is September 10th I think. I don't know when exactly the first game of the season is scheduled, last year it was September 7th. I think what is going to happen is he'll be cleared to play prior to the season actually beginning but without a full training camp and preseason of practice and conditioning, he'll be used as the backup swing tackle.

...which kind of works out since he would be an ideal swing tackle backup since he can play both spots pretty well in a pinch, and we currently have no swing tackle on the roster (Smith is a LT that could be moved to RT but then who would play LT?) Remember that Scouts Inc in their evaluation of the Dolphins said that the phins need 1 guard and 2 tackles, one to play RT and the other to be swing tackle backup. Getting McIntosh as your backup swing tackle and getting Steussie as a starter seems like using a cannon to kill a mosquito but our OL needs to be good to give Ricky the room and to get our new AJ Feeley-led passing game off the ground.

I'm hoping we get Steussie. That seems to be what Wannstedt was alluding to about a very good pro bowl tackle about to get cut. Steussie could fill in for a year

Originally posted by finfan54
his contract this year will be minimum with incentives! yes! this ended up working in our favor. if he heals in five months, he will be ready to go but will be rusty, wont start.

I dunno. Five months (he's young and motivated, no reason to think he WON'T have finished rehab by then), that puts him back around August 10. That gives him two preseason games and 4 weeks of practice before the season opener.

Since this guy is our future at RT (6 years), they aren't going to rush him back into the lineup, but there's no reason to think that by week 2 - 3 he should back in full swing.

Back
Top Bottom