Merged: McKnight / Anyone still want to defend Mcknight? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: McKnight / Anyone still want to defend Mcknight?

Gonk

Active Roster
Reaction score
Damn McKnight.

He is the sole reason why Fiedler just threw that pick. He could've atleast looked for the ball. Why are we paying this guy a million a year? Can anyone inform me?

Anyone still want to defend that crap stain Mcknight?

Dump his sorry arse now!

Fiedler still shouldnt have thrown it.

jgar, i need to look find a way to look at that agian, but I'm sure it was the right read, Chambers was covered, and the ball was there, all McKnight had to do was look for hte ball, hell he wasn't even in a full sprint, had he been the ball would have hit him in the chest even if he had't looked it wouldn't have been picked off. Purely a bad play on his part.

no thats all on McKnight. One can only hope that the coach fires him today.

That interception was all McKnight. He wasn't even paying attention on the play. It was pathetic.

This thread seems like a call out to MD is any thread were:)

But Stan, this is your boy we're talking about here. You love McKnight. ;)

McKnight should learn from this mistake, everybody makes mistakes......how about that catch where he picked up the first down for us, that was a huge play.....I think he makes a great 4th WR, hes better than most 4th CBs and causes mismatches.

Football is a split second game measured in inches. Watch the play again... you'll see that McKnight was just beginning to turn his head back toward Jay as it hit him. That's all the difference between a decent catch and 7 points in the wrong direction, sometimes.

I'm not certain how much sooner McKnight was supposed to be getting a read or looking for the ball. I suspect it was a full-second earlier, like when a safety or LB broke on a blitz. So... he definitely screwed up one way or the other. But he has contributed far more than he is ever given credit for. This mistake is a high-profile one, but it doesn't negate the fact that he is a legit 3rd or 4th receiver.

Okay. Start yelling.:)

There will be another time when we need McKnight to make some bigger plays for us and he'll come thru. Maybe when we play the Giants, who beat the Reds in OT, i might add.

I am all for giving him another chance. We are all human and make mistakes, but I would definitely have him on a SHORT string. We have two young receivers that are just chomping at the bit for their chance. I say we try them out. Heck Thompson has not played that great either... that jump (if you call it that) when he could have just kept running in the endzone still irks me.

Re: Damn McKnight.

Originally posted by Gonk
He is the sole reason why Fiedler just threw that pick. He could've atleast looked for the ball. Why are we paying this guy a million a year? Can anyone inform me?

Well for what it's wroth I don't recall seeing McKnight in the game after that play. He may never see the field again for the Miami Dolphins.

I'd rather have Tolver or Simmons get his reps. I know they'd turn around to look for the ball, and at the very least they would have died trying to knock that ball down. Rather than looking like McKnight did on that play. He looked like he went out for a jog!

Oliver...

McKnight did make a nice catch later on, but that play was unexcusable :fire:

As usual, we are not there in practice to see what the coaches see; and I assume they see McK playing well. McK also plays ST for use so he is contributing to the team more than some primadonna injured WR would :rolleyes2:

Back
Top Bottom