Merged: Mike Berardino...... Interesting........ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Mike Berardino...... Interesting........

bpackers13

Active Roster
Reaction score
March 24

Q: Hi Mike, all the experts keep saying this could be the deepest draft in 10 years, so my question is who are the Dolphins going to deal in order to acquire something akin to the 12 picks the Pats have amassed? Ginn, Crowder, Smiley, White, Thigpen … could any of these bring in a 2nd/3rd or 4th? Thanks for the good work, Mike. Alan, Bucks, England.

A: Well, Smiley is already being shopped just for this purpose. Considering his health issues and the $13 million still left on his contract over the next three years, he MIGHT bring a third-rounder, more likely a little lower. As for the others you mentioned, I could definitely see Ginn being dealt for a mid-round pick. Unfortunately, Baltimore – Cam Cameron's employer – has already addressed its need at receiver with the additions of Anquan Boldin and Donte Stallworth. That always seemed like the best possible landing spot for Ginn. Cleveland is home, so maybe the Dolphins try to get Mike Holmgren to bite on a player who's got a little Desmond Howard in him. As for the QBs, somebody's going to get dealt at some point. Maybe that's why Tony Sparano refused to specify this week whether Tyler Thigpen or Pat White was the No. 2 QB. Chad Pennington is nominally No. 3, but come one, once he's fully healthy, he's your true No. 2, even if one of the others is active on game day for gimmick-package purposes. Dolphins, by the way, now have 10 picks, thanks to picking up another seventh-rounder as compensation.
PLEASE GET GINN OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said it yeterday Ginn and one of the QB are gone. Also the whole deal why Ricky hired Drew has me pondering. Fins already have 10 picks.

I said it yeterday Ginn and one of the QB are gone. Also the whole deal why Ricky hired Drew has me pondering. Fins already have 10 picks.
Never thought about the angle of why Ricky really chose a new agent? Was it for new $$ contract or to handle his business as part of a restructure and trade type deal.
Chubbs

Ask Mike: Which Dolphins are most likely to be traded for draft picks?

Q: Hi Mike, all the experts keep saying this could be the deepest draft in 10 years, so my question is who are the Dolphins going to deal in order to acquire something akin to the 12 picks the Pats have amassed? Ginn, Crowder, Smiley, White, Thigpen … could any of these bring in a 2nd/3rd or 4th? Thanks for the good work, Mike. Alan, Bucks, England.

A: Well, Smiley is already being shopped just for this purpose. Considering his health issues and the $13 million still left on his contract over the next three years, he MIGHT bring a third-rounder, more likely a little lower. As for the others you mentioned, I could definitely see Ginn being dealt for a mid-round pick. Unfortunately, Baltimore – Cam Cameron's employer – has already addressed its need at receiver with the additions of Anquan Boldin and Donte Stallworth. That always seemed like the best possible landing spot for Ginn. Cleveland is home, so maybe the Dolphins try to get Mike Holmgren to bite on a player who's got a little Desmond Howard in him. As for the QBs, somebody's going to get dealt at some point. Maybe that's why Tony Sparano refused to specify this week whether Tyler Thigpen or Pat White was the No. 2 QB. Chad Pennington is nominally No. 3, but come one, once he's fully healthy, he's your true No. 2, even if one of the others is active on game day for gimmick-package purposes. Dolphins, by the way, now have 10 picks, thanks to picking up another seventh-rounder as compensation.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-askharvey,0,5741223.story

Asking Mike Berardino about football is like asking Channing Crowder about nuclear physics

Never thought about the angle of why Ricky really chose a new agent? Was it for new $$ contract or to handle his business as part of a restructure and trade type deal.
Chubbs
I hadn't thought about it either but if Ricky really intends to play out the 2010 season and then retire there is no need for an agent. Besides, Ricky is signed through the 2010 season so Drew wouldn't be getting paid for his services (unless his contract is modified in some way, ie. traded w/contract renegotiation/restructure/signed for more years/etc.).

One problem is we have 10 picks but 3 are in the 6th and 2 in the 7th with the 2nd 7th almost the last pick in the rd. 10 picks sounds better than it is based on where the picks are.

I will be shocked if we do not try and trade PWhite. There is just no fit here. He has no position and anything you can get out of him is a bonus pick. For all you let's give him a chance folks - seriously - did you see him at QB? He is absolutely NO threat to pass and he does not have the break away ability like a Vick used to have. He is WAY TOO SMALL. It was a BIG mistake and this FO has shown they don't hang on to mistakes. Cut the loss. I wouldn't be surprised if they could get a 4th out of him. People had him on their boards pretty high so maybe they still feel he could be a player for them.

I do not see Ginn getting traded. Just no value for the threat he poses to a D. You can't trade him for a low rd pick because his speed does have value to this team because we have none right now at WR.

Now that is juicy...Hmmmmm, the possibilities are tantalizing!

Hate to get my hopes up, but could it be? Could Trifecta be up to something....say....bold?

Whom might we trade up for?

Or is it a possible trade for a bunch of picks in the 2nd and 3rd?

Now youve done it!

Trade Ginn for a good bottle of wine -- just get his puddycat arse outta here IMO

I'm sure the FO would trade Ginn in a heartbeat if they could. Problem is noone else wants him...

Back
Top Bottom