Merged: Mike Berardino...... Interesting........ | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Mike Berardino...... Interesting........

I still think the Packers could use Ginn. Their returners all stink and they have no speed in their WR corps.
Not a Ginn fan but if we trade him you can make the same statement about us. Returners stink and no speed at WR.

I still think the Packers could use Ginn. Their returners all stink and they have no speed in their WR corps.

GB WR's > Miami WR's

I don't know if GB would give up much for a return man.

Yeah that showed his I.Q., which must be in the single digits like his Wonderlic Score.
Channing's Wonderlic score was 30. Only 6 players in his draft class scored higher. For all of Channing's faults, lack of intelligence isn't one of them. He was goofing when he talked about London as if he didn't know where it was.

Berardino is right about the QBs. The Pennington deal got snagged last minute because Chad insisted on a no-trade clause. I think that showed what the Dolphins intend. They're going to rehab Pennington, use his leadership to help get them through training camp and all that, then when a team looks desperate for a QB, trade him off.

Damn straight - like the Rams or Cleveland

We dont have another PLAYER on our team.....no WR, TE, or RB who can stretch the field, other than Ginn. DOnt you think opposing defenses know that, and yet, he still manages to get some long balls? What would happen if we get a Bryant, Benn, Thomas kind of threat? Deep threat Balance, and even guys like Hartline and Bess would have Welker type opportunities!

I think Thigpen is a solid backup. I'm comfortable with him, once he has a training camp under his belt in the offense and chemistry with some of the WRs.

I would be comfortable trading Pennington during the season. He didn't want to move his family and that I think is why he's here. That and the shoulder, teams don't want to bank on that shoulder in March when they could wait until September to see if it's right. Usually you want a guy to have an entire training camp with you and know the offense, have chemistry and all that but if Brett Favre in 2009 and Chad Pennington in 2008 showed us anything it's that for a guy with a vast amount of experience and/or a very good head on his shoulders, learning the playbook is virtually an overnight process, and he can attain chemistry with the receivers very quickly.

Some teams are going to go into camp with some low cost and/or low return options at quarterback (ehem, Cleveland, Seattle). Remember what Miami did in 2008 when they entered camp with John Beck, Chad Henne and Josh McCown? Ouch! That was near disaster and once they got to camp, they saw it. They needed a Chad Pennington to come in. You could see something like that with teams that go to camp with guys who aren't very good, they see that in training camp, and suddenly they look at Pennington and wonder if he couldn't do the same thing for them in 2010 as he did for the Dolphins in 2008. On the other hand, there could be teams that suffer injuries at the position either during camp or during the first part of the regular season.

Everyone is always so jealous of the Patriots always having a billion picks in the draft every year. Well, if you want to have that kind of constant stream of extra draft picks, you have to be willing to make moves like this...re-signing a Chad Pennington so that you can flip him off to the highest bidder on the even of the regular season or even during it.

Those of u who say ginn can't catch either haven't watched all the games like I have or are clueless and exaggerate. Outside of a handful of games last year ginn has never had a problem catching. His problem is his toughness n route running. If you're going to bash ginn at least bash him for what he deserves to be bashed for. Its like people on this board don't even watch all the games they just regurgitate what they hear regardless of its validity.

It's make perfect sense, Ted ginn gets traded for Miles Austin and Ronnie brown get traded to Dallas for marion barber

Back
Top Bottom