Merged: MLB Trades | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: MLB Trades

Not a trade, but Nick Johnson is going to sign with either SF, NYY or Seattle.
I reading that he's coming back to NY almost for sure. I liked him when he was with the Yanks. Good player but he just can't seem to stay healthy. I think we traded him in the Randy Johnson deal...that worked out splendidly. I guess Granderson/Johnson replace Damon/Matsui, so thats good.

Seattle re-signed Felix Hernandez to a 5 yr, $80 million dollar deal.
Thats an amazing deal for the Mariners, considering what the market price for pitchers is these days.

Tigers win that deal. Got a future ace, a poor man's Adam Jones, a reliever with around a .220 BA against both righties and lefties while still being very young, and a middle reliever who has proven to be serviceable in the majors in Phil Coke, who is also still relatively young.

Still can't understand why the D-Backs did that trade

Scherzer is good, but he is rumoured to have a harsh delivery that is killer on the arm. I trust the D-Backs trainers on this one, they called Brandon Webb's major shoulder injury and didn't have to sign him to a big contract.

Plus, Scherzer was gonna demand a HUGE contract and the D-Backs are still paying off the likes of Randy Johnson and Luis Gonzalez for the World Series they bought way back when. Arizona is a small market, not a whole lotta money here.

I always liked Scherzer for his killer K #s he put up in fantasy baseball.

I like him too. I wish they could have kept him, but Arizona is not a big market and we already have a lot of big contracts. Plus, we need to sign Upton long term and that is going to be a lot of cash too.

They made out like bandits in the Lee deal, upgraded at 3rd (Figgins > Beltre IMO) and Kotchman should be a nice addition to their roster.

Back
Top Bottom