Merged:Nick Saban to hold Press Conference today | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Nick Saban to hold Press Conference today

Denverfinfan said:
leakage cont:

"The draft? Oh yes, we will be drafting some players. I would like to have more picks to work with.

Would we trade the pick? If we get fair value, we've got everyone on the same page as to what would be good value. We have a value chart. One pick is worth a certain number of points, if we can get the same value or better, yes, we will make that trade.

We do need more playmakers, so where we pick we will take the best player that is available when we make the pick.

I have told you this before, Ricky is in India. I have not spoken with him. An assistant has briefly spoken to his agent, so far that is the extent of the conversations. But yes, if he brings value to this team, we would consider bringing him in. He would need to do all the right things to create that value, but the past is the past, it's history.

Yeah, just throw some in phrases like "in respect to...", "in relation to..." "in that aspect of..."

Denverfinfan said:
leakage cont:

"The draft? Oh yes, we will be drafting some players. I would like to have more picks to work with.

Would we trade the pick? If we get fair value, we've got everyone on the same page as to what would be good value. We have a value chart. One pick is worth a certain number of points, if we can get the same value or better, yes, we will make that trade.

We do need more playmakers, so where we pick we will take the best player that is available when we make the pick.

I have told you this before, Ricky is in India. I have not spoken with him. An assistant has briefly spoken to his agent, so far that is the extent of the conversations. But yes, if he brings value to this team, we would consider bringing him in. He would need to do all the right things to create that value, but the past is the past, it's history.

Great stuff man. It's become laughable! I am convinced that there is a book that scripts these coaches.

For what it's worth, I read on the official site that he was doing a PC to "answer questions" which lead me to believe there would be no major announcements... he's just unlocking the doors to the media room and giving them the opportunity to have their questions avoided :)

Then there will be the knuckleheads who over analyze everything...

"Coach Saban wore a blue shirt with khaki dockers..."

"The last coach who wore a blue shirt with dockers and had the second pick of the draft took a WR."

"More on this and how high Coach Saban pulled up his socks at 11."

I bet you after the press conference we will know exactly the same things we know now...Which is NOT A DAM THING! We'll probably be MORE confused after the press conference. Only Saban knows...

The Press conference is just to let everyone know that the Chiefs have worked out a deal to send Miami thier 1st round pick for Patrick Surtain.....Chiefs spokesmen said that they made a promise to themselves, that they would not give up their 2nd, and feel good that they didn't have too. :D

Just as long as he refrains from saying "From the STANDPOINT" more then once, I'll be fine with it. haha

There won't be much discussed by Nick or any other coach. If we do draft B.Edwards what will that mean for our RB? L.Gordon and R.Williams? Pretty iffy there.

Press Conference?....?

Guys wasn't there gonna be a press conference sometime today with Saban? Has it happened, or at what time is it? And what is it anyway?...More of Saban continuing to baffle everyone about what he's gonna do with the pick?:wink:

I predict that the content of his PC will be entirely predictable and that I will listen to every word of it anyway.Alas ! That is the fate of us finfans.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom