Merged:Not Sure if somebody already mentioned this/Now it's time to add playmakers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Not Sure if somebody already mentioned this/Now it's time to add playmakers

PhinPhreak

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Not Sure if somebody already mentioned this

TRESTMAN A QB GURU

Coaches have no illusions about being tied with trauma surgeons on the list of ''yeah, but what have you done for me lately?'' professions.

Now Trestman, known as a quarterback guru since his days mentoring Bernie Kosar at the University of Miami, steps into an unsettled and unsatisfactory quarterback situation with the Dolphins

Isn't it funny that the QB that everybody wants the Fins to take is being compared to one of the QB's that Trestman worked with.

Until Rivers is on this team, I will reserve my comments on this one, the draft is a strange and crazy place where anything can happen, including Rivers going in the first 5, unlikely, but stranger things have happened..and if he's there, we still may not draft him. I don't know any thing about what Miami wants, every year confuses my more at draft time.

Remember Trestman worked with Kosar at University of Miami and then later I think with the Cleveland Browns. Wasn't Bernie the Browns QB during like 88 and 89? Cuz I think Trestman was either OC or QB Coach of the Browns during those years.

I originally thought Trestman would be good for Rivers cuz he worked with Rich Gannon who can sport a bit of an unorthodox delivery himself a lot of the time. But seeing as how Trestman worked with Kosar twice that makes him awefully familiar with the type of QB that Rivers looks like.

Everyone keeps forgetting about Jerry Sullivan here; this guy is also considered a guru as a positional coach. He's helped mould a couple of incredible receivers and will likely be a huge plus for Chambers, Tolver, and a rookie receiver.

Speaking of which the Bills just hired Sullivan's WR coach in arizona as their own WR coach...obviously based on the success of Boldin. Find that funny because we kinda hired Sullivan partly based on Boldin's success with Sullivan as his OC.

Which one was REALLY responsible for Boldin's success? Probably Boldin.

No doubt Sullivan is a good upgrade and Trestman is definitely a fantastic upgrade. I'm just worried that Collier's fumbling around for his own offensive philosophies will inevitably present a confusing picture to whatever rookie QB we bring in to be the franchise. I doubt there will be consistency among the rookie's teachings for the next few years.

Re: Now it's time to add playmakers

the article title is sort of misleading in that she meant now we have the coaching staff so all we need is to add some playmakers. To me, she say nothing of import

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Speaking of which the Bills just hired Sullivan's WR coach in arizona as their own WR coach...obviously based on the success of Boldin. Find that funny because we kinda hired Sullivan partly based on Boldin's success with Sullivan as his OC.

No doubt Sullivan is a good upgrade and Trestman is definitely a fantastic upgrade. I'm just worried that Collier's fumbling around for his own offensive philosophies will inevitably present a confusing picture to whatever rookie QB we bring in to be the franchise. I doubt there will be consistency among the rookie's teachings for the next few years.

Why are you so bent on thinking that Collier is fumbling around on what philosophy he will implore. I think he knows what he wants to do..he's just need the calling plays quickly part and half time adjust to institute it. Give him a break, we've had two (what is called) good OC's and we still didn't make the SB..so a fresh approach may pay dividents, again, who can watch tape on his philosophy, that gives us an advantage. The element of surprise, to even us.

Originally posted by ckparrothead

I don't see this as even a REMOTE possibility. Collier knows this team. Just because he's an RB coach does that mean he doesn't know CC is the #1 WR? He's coached several positions, as his resume proves....on BOTH SIDES of the ball. He has overall football expertise.

In addition, he's got to GREAT position coaches in Sullivan and Trestman. I think these three guys will get together and produce a sound plan from the jump, in plenty enough time to communicate it clearly to the current players as well as indoctrinate new players. There's a LOT of time between now and next season...just because the players are off, doesn't mean the coaches are.

Very true, some weird stuff happens in the draft, and ESPECIALLY miami, I NEVER understand what theyre doing. Every year we speculate on who were going to pick and unfortunately it always turns out to be totally inncorrect. This year I really hope we address QB and WR and if we can get both of those in the 1st round I will no longer talk bad about miami on draftday, its just sometimes such as Daves decision to go with Moore just because he didnt think hed be there at round3 was retarded. You go for your needs not what you think is the best player at the time.

Back
Top Bottom