Merged: Omar Jacobs | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Omar Jacobs

If we miss out on Cutler, this is definately the guy we need to take. Drew Olson and Brodie Croyle are not nearly as impressive

wazzy said:
I know he was rated really high last year and a lot of people projected him to be in the first round this year but it seems hes fallen off a bit. I understand that but with that said do you see any team still taking him in the first round. I would want to take a third on him and use him as a 1 to 2 year project. My biggest question on him is the playcalling and the shotgun formation do you think it would take him long to adjust so he is familiar playing under centre and he can call his own plays?

See thats one of the things I just don't know. The way BG's offense is run, the coaches pretty much take a look at the defense and call in in from the sidelines after everything is set. He never really had the opportunity, or needed to, call his own plays or audible. I think he is one of those guys that need a strong coach to make the most of his talents. Teach him what to do, and he will do it, but don't expect him to be Dan Marino out there. I see someone like Linehan doing wonders with him, exactly like he turned the physical specimen Cullpepper, who had a similar deal in college, into a franchise QB

he wouldnt look bad in a fins uni at all.i would love to take this guy:dolphins:hes better than cutler in my mind

PLEEZHELPUSNICK said:
hows his descion makin? is he cool and calm?
Cool and calm is his MO. His decision making is good, but he tends to trust his recievers too much, for example its 3rd-10, no one is open in his first two deep reads he will throw it to a guy coming across the field at 5 yards hoping he can pick it up.

Also versue Boise State the Broncos defense was absolutley smothering the BG wide recivers. It was almost like they knew the play call. He seemed real uncomfortable with no one to throw too and should have ran more, but tried to force throws. It was very uncharacteristic of him, but I have to mention it. He needs to learn to tuck it and run.

Overall though, he is not going to turn the ball over much. He knows when to throw it away when he has too.

Thanks for the effort, very nice write-up.:up:

In the 3rd, this would be the kind of guy to take a shot on. If Miami went this route, they'd need to get a vet signed for a 2-3 year stint. It would be important to not rush a guy like Jacobs into action but to spend the time necessary to coach him up.

I'm glad Mueller is on board here now. He's shown the ability to spot developmental guys that will go in the 3rd-6th rounds. If Jacobs is one of those, he should be able to spot it.

omar jacobs, darnell hacney, or d.j. shockley

i wonder dolphin brothers , which would u take , because i'm sure cutler will be gone by the time we pick , i would go with jacobs how bout u:driveby: :dj:

If I had to choose between those three, Jacobs.

Darrell Hackney. Anyone who has actually watched all three knows he has the best chance at actually succeeding in the NFL. Good size, good arm, good mobility, good leader, has played against good competition, makes good decisions, plays in a "normal" offense. I would compare him to a McNabb as far as size and arm.

I dislike Jacobs because i hear he is not much of a leader, and at QB i am a firm believer you need a leader, not just a talented player. I would take shockley, but real late, like in the 5th and with no realistic hope of him being a starter. I dont know much about hackney so i am not going to comment. I Kinda want Croyle if i have to chose among the second teir qb's. He is a leader, has a strong arm, and has experience.

Back
Top Bottom