Merged: Omar Jacobs | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Omar Jacobs

marchingsnail said:
Bowling green qb omar jacobs chose to enter draft this year. what do ya'll think of picking him up 3rd 4th round?

4th sure...

(draft forum)

I think if we haven't drafted a QB by then, and he is available, we should go for it.

God, this team hasn't drafted a QB in so long that it seems they've forgotten how. At least when we had Marino there was a plausible reason not to do it. But after the mediocre-at-best QB play over the last six seasons, you'd think they would finally take the plunge.

I still think we need to get our QB in the first. If that means we have to trade up then that is what we have to do. Jacobs is a nice prospect, but he is a ways off before he takes an NFL snap.

I actually believe we should just go after him in the third because he might not last until the fourth round.

1st: Jimmy Williams, Michael Huff, or Chad Greenway
2nd: Gabe Watson or Cedric Griffin
3rd: Omar Jacobs
4th: Brandon Williams

If he is still around in the 4th I would take him. I think he is too much of a project and a reach in the 3rd round.

The 3 and Hackney

Gee...watched all three and none will be in the NFL in 4 years...... Hackney...below average size (Height that is, weight wise he has good size for a LT, small boat, or a Sumo wrestler)...looks like the Staypuff marshmellow man, GREAT ARM...best in the draft...matter of fact co7uld throw it through the barn door...problem is he can't hit the door from 10 yards , average mobility... not "good".... good leader...throws into coverage, plays in a base O...overall worth a 5-7 flyer in this QB class but odds are against him... after the top 3 (Young, Leinart, Cutler) the best bet is Whitehurst to be a starter and after that maybe Josh Betts as a career backup and Brodie Croyle as a forever #3 and hang around for 10 years like Shane Matthews...

Schleprock said:
Darrell Hackney. Anyone who has actually watched all three knows he has the best chance at actually succeeding in the NFL. Good size, good arm, good mobility, good leader, has played against good competition, makes good decisions, plays in a "normal" offense. I would compare him to a McNabb as far as size and arm.

SMadison29 said:
Nick Saban isn't a QB coach. I'll burn that bandwagon. We don't want him.

He is a football coach, and Jacobs is a football player.

woah, on that site, the NFL comparision is Alex Smith

Thats a horrible comparison.

I'd go for Brodie Croyle in the 2nd or 3rd; Jacobs will probably not be around when we select in the 4th. Right now, I think he should go early 4th.

I don't think its very relevent to get on the bandwagon of projected 4th round picks, if we don't get one of the first round guys I have no problem with drafting Jacobs or someone else later.

I wish he was a sure pick in the 3rd round. I'd really like to see this guy in a Fins uniform. However I just see us missing out on him with all the teams that need a quarterback in the draft.

these are the qb's i would draft over jacobs

1.cutler
2.croyle
3.hackney
4.shockley
5.vick
6.clemens

so if we get him in the 6th i am ok with it!

nolefin said:
these are the qb's i would draft over jacobs

1.cutler
2.croyle
3.hackney
4.shockley
5.vick
6.clemens

so if we get him in the 6th i am ok with it!

Cutler I agree with based on his rave reviews, but the leader of an offense that didn't score points in Croyle? 6 foot nothing Shockley? The biggest problem child in the NCAA in Vick?
pleeeease.

Back
Top Bottom