Merged: Omar Jacobs | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Omar Jacobs

SMadison29 said:
His height won't hurt him. DE's don't have to be 6'4, they can be 6'0 & be just fine. It provides them with more leverage being short.
huh? what?

SMadison29 said:
His height won't hurt him. DE's don't have to be 6'4, they can be 6'0 & be just fine. It provides them with more leverage being short.

yeah being smaller can help you gain leverage, but ideally DE's are 6'4, are able to both get under the OL's pads, have long arms to keep the blockers at a distance. Being small like Dumerville makes it harder to executive a type of swim move, and taking that aspect away from a DE is disadvantageous. Look at DE's in the NFL, I'd be wiling to bet on average they are at least 6'3, probably a little taller.

kbeath said:
That is CLASSIC! The only game I have seen this kid play was the BOISE STATE GAME. He looked great!!!!!!! I was a qb and this kid has a big time arm and is a big athletic guy. He doesnt look like he throws hard almost effortless like peyton and eli. No I am not comparing them as far as careers go just that they throw a similer ball. He also throws great spirals which make the ball easier to catch. Time will Tell weather or not Jacobs has what it takes. But it is a rediculous comment to say he didnt play as well as his stats suggest.

I don't know which boise state game you watched but I was on the 40 yard line and Omar Jacobs didnot play well at all. He is big and has a big arm and just may have had an off night but against boise state he was a stinker.

Omar Jacobs has some tools but he misses on some throws and can make some poor decisions. I agree that he does come from a school that is built for the pass. Just look at what Josh Harris did before him. But, Jacobs in the right offense and with the right coaching could be another Culpepper ( Big gun and good wheels but will turn the ball over some).

I agree with the analyses of Dumerville and McNeil. I'd like both of them (I wouldn't draft Dumerville to the Phins as we don't need him).

I think we'll draft a QB 2nd or 3rd round personally. I don't like this class though.

kastofsna120 said:

Yeah Keller gave that game away with more INT's that game then the other games combined.

I'm glad the spread was 16 points cause I picked Zona St. that game. I thought they would actually beat USC though. Then Keller stunk it up the 2nd half.

As for College QB's that I have been watching the past 3 weeks. The ones that have impressed me. My opinion which may vary to others have been:

(In no Particular order)
Vick
Quinn
Stanton
Leinart
Jacobs

I really like that kid Brady Quinn. Late 1st round pick unless he keeps up what he has been doing. The fact that he is being coached by C. Weis makes me want him more. The guy is learning an NFL system that has worked great for a guy named Brady currently in the NFL. He could work well with Linehan here in Mia.

Vick has been doing well too. Every game this kid gets better. V. tech plays a great style of football. They play similar to us with what is soon to be our two back system. Run's and short passes to spread the defense and then pick them apart. Screens which I can see us doing more with dumps and RB's spread as wideouts in motion. He is definetely looked better then Mike Vick as fas as a passer. Plus he is mobile.

I agree with both sides of the Jacobs issue. The Spread offense does worry me. However I think the guy has the athleticism and the tools to be a good QB. He has no weapons yet still makes the plays.

All in all I would be happy with any of the 5 QB's I just listed. However realistically, I'm watching more of:

Vick/Quinn/Stanton/Jacobs. Those are the guys that will go towards between the middle and end of the 1st round. According to Scouts Inc. Leinart is top 5 pick, and Young is Top 15. Jacobs before 25. Stanton/Quinn Late 1st and look for Vick to make his way up there as well.

I can't believe Jacobs' arm is being questioned. That is the least questionable aspect about him. His motion, decision-making, footwork, and leadership are clearly the biggest knocks on him.

And about the suggestion that I just assume he has a good arm because he's big and black, grow up killswitch. Seriously.

We'll have to agree to disagree. And I did not contradict myself at all. Yes, I wholeheartedly believe Jacobs will be drafted in the first round. No, I am not going out of my way to say that he's "the man" or that we HAVE to get this guy or that he's the best or anything. A fourth grader could see how those statements don't contradict each other.

BigScuingili said:
Leinart hasn't lost a game yet.

the fact that leinert is in the worst conference in college football has a lot to do with his stats. if wins and losses were the only reason for drafting a QB, why doesn't OK and Nebraska have some in the league?

nando03 said:
Yeah Keller gave that game away with more INT's that game then the other games combined.

I'm glad the spread was 16 points cause I picked Zona St. that game. I thought they would actually beat USC though. Then Keller stunk it up the 2nd half.
? keller played better in the 2nd half than the first. saying he gave the game away is ridiculous and proves you didn't watch it at all

aerokev said:
the fact that leinert is in the worst conference in college football has a lot to do with his stats. if wins and losses were the only reason for drafting a QB, why doesn't OK and Nebraska have some in the league?

Yeah, but as far as managing a game goes Leinart is just head and shoulder above the rest and you can see it on the tape, regardless of opponent.

Back
Top Bottom