Merged:Peterson, waiting until after Draft./ Peterson will crumble | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Peterson, waiting until after Draft./ Peterson will crumble

KChiefs1 said:
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/11445941.htm

Jason Whitlock weighs in....

Carl Peterson doesn't cave in to anybody & I don't expect him to with Saban either.:shakeno:

:lol:

Sorry, the sentence "Whitlock weighs in" makes me chuckle.

The Vermeil and Trent Green deals are evidence that the Chiefs will probably cave by draft day. Peterson's not an idiot, he knows that his defense is lousy and that a rookie corner's going to get scorched by Moss and the other good receivers in the division. With Vermeil and Priest Holmes nearing the end of their productive existences, he'll go for the gusto and make a deal now.

I think it all depends on one thing. If Rolle, Pac-Man, and Rogers are all gone for the Chiefs, we get the Chiefs second. If one of them is avaliable to the Chiefs, the trade won't happen.

phunwin said:
:lol:

Sorry, the sentence "Whitlock weighs in" makes me chuckle.

The Vermeil and Trent Green deals are evidence that the Chiefs will probably cave by draft day. Peterson's not an idiot, he knows that his defense is lousy and that a rookie corner's going to get scorched by Moss and the other good receivers in the division. With Vermeil and Priest Holmes nearing the end of their productive existences, he'll go for the gusto and make a deal now.

I think the same thing too...he can continue to low ball us while he has no serious competition but come draft day that all may change. He may lose out on his targeted corner(s) and/or he may see another team step in and make a serious bid for PS. That'll change everything then...especially if it's a divisional foe...just my opinion but I believe that his is what's going to happen.

KCChiefs1 said:
I'm telling you that the only pressure he "might" be feeling is from Vermeil & I don't think Vermeil has even said what he thinks of Surtain. This is Carl Peterson's show.:fire:

Vermeil has said himself that he thinks Surtain can play at a high level for another 4/5 years and that was weeks ago. Peterson cracks me up, he says that maybe he can pick up a corner at 46 that plays ten years, when was the last time that happend...

KChiefs1 said:
I know you guys don't follow the Chiefs, but Chiefs fans have been blaming him for years & years...but Lamar Hunt just gave him another four year extension. Peterson doesn't have to worry about his job.:shakeno:

I'm telling you that the only pressure he "might" be feeling is from Vermeil & I don't think Vermeil has even said what he thinks of Surtain. This is Carl Peterson's show.:fire:

thats y u guys will suck on defense once again and go nowhere during the season.

THOMAS_54 said:
I think it all depends on one thing. If Rolle, Pac-Man, and Rogers are all gone for the Chiefs, we get the Chiefs second. If one of them is avaliable to the Chiefs, the trade won't happen.

:yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat:

This is correct.
Rolle & Pac-Man will be gone by 15, but Rogers is the question.

If Rogers is there, he's their pick........for better or worse.
If he's gone, we get #46 pick for Surtain.

The burden of Randy Moss padding his stats will rest on KC's non-existant defense....:roflmao:

Yes Surtain's cap hit will suck, but OUR defense won't!

guys: Do we know if Saban is actively shopping Surtain to other teams, or is he kinda sitting back and waiting on KC? I just don't figure Saban for the kind of guy to be waiting on anyone. I wonder if something is going on behind the scenes that we don't know. This is all just speculation of course,but what happened to the rumors of seahawks, colts and arizona.

I have a feeling that another team with cap room and a #2 will grab Surtain from under Peterson's nose. Can anyone point me to a site that has each team's salary cap position?

cowtowndick said:
I have a feeling that another team with cap room and a #2 will grab Surtain from under Peterson's nose. Can anyone point me to a site that has each team's salary cap position?
Like the Chargers, who, like the Chiefs, will have to face Oakland twice a year?

I would love nothing better than for the Raiders to put forth and offer for Surtain to replace Buchanon. Then we would see how fast he acts. Ideally I would love for Surtain to go to some division rival of Kansas City. KC used to be my second favorite team but I cant believe how badly I dont want them to get Surtain anymore.

PhinsPhan said:
I would love nothing better than for the Raiders to put forth and offer for Surtain to replace Buchanon. Then we would see how fast he acts. Ideally I would love for Surtain to go to some division rival of Kansas City. KC used to be my second favorite team but I cant believe how badly I dont want them to get Surtain anymore.
I agree completely (with trading with someone else in the division), but I don't think Oakland has the cap space unless they trade/cut Woodson. But I can see how Davis would love to screw Peterson to get Surtain, then watch Moss run wild against a very poor Chief secondary. If Pat were to get a pick or two in the same game, I'm sure Al would make a mess of that white jump suit.

PhinsPhan said:

i'm all for that. Saban needs to scare the hell out of KC. I was just wondering....who is in the driver's seat, Miami or KC?

finmann said:
i'm all for that. Saban needs to scare the hell out of KC. I was just wondering....who is in the driver's seat, Miami or KC?
I think Miami is, given that if the deal doesn't go through, we still have Surtain. There's fewer CB's available to KC, and there is probably more of a market for Surtain than anyone realizes. I was reading some comments on another thread about Oakland - somehow I totally forgot about Joey Porter. The other teams in that division need some corner help. Houston trades for Buchanon because they have to play Indy twice a year. Not that Collins is anywhere near Manning, but you'd better have your secondary together when you play the Raiders - Moss and Porter is a little scary.

Back
Top Bottom