Merged: Phins Like Rivers/Interviews Extensively | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Phins Like Rivers/Interviews Extensively

Carolina_Dolfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Todd McShay of Scouts, Inc. - Phins Like Rivers

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=4650

Rivers has been extremely impressive and in fact in what was supposed to be a 20 minute meeting with the Dolphins, Dan Marino and the rest of the staff spent 45 minutes with him and left with a great impression of Rivers

John G: I've been viewing a lot of mock drafts and almost all of them have the Packers taking a QB in the first round. About half have them picking J.P. Losman and the other half have them picking Phillip Rivers. Do you think that the Packers will take a QB in the first round and if so who do you think would be the best fit for them?

Todd McShay: I think it's a popular opinion to think they will take a QB seeing as Favre's career is coming to a close here soon. But it wouldn't be a surprise if they drafted a position player that could help immediately seeing as their window to challenge for a Super Bowl with Favre around is closing rapidly. If they do take a QB, I get the sense it would be Rivers. While Losman is a better all-around talent in terms of physical tools, Rivers is gifted enough and has a strong enough arm and has much better intangibles. So far, from what I have heard from several personnel depts. is that Losman has been unimpressive in his interviews and actually has come across as abrasive and egotistical in a couple of them. On the other hand, Rivers has been extremely impressive and in fact in what was supposed to be a 20 minute meeting with the Dolphins, Dan Marino and the rest of the staff spent 45 minutes with him and left with a great impression of Rivers

PLEASE BRING IN RIVERS AT20!!!! Come on let's get this DAN and RICK show started in the right direction!!!!!!

Originally posted by mikefan22
PLEASE BRING IN RIVERS AT20!!!! Come on let's get this DAN and RICK show started in the right direction!!!!!!

Preach on BRUTHA!!! ;)

I just hope they do whatever works. I can't pretend to know what that is, else I'd be working for a franchise somewhere making much more $$ than the Navy pays.

Lots of intangibles. Unfortunately this league is much more about tangibles than intangibles.

I wish Losman wasn't such a jerk.

Phins Interview Rivers Extensively

The Dolphins spent a little more time with me than everybody else," Rivers said after Wednesday's practice.
LINK

Originally posted by mikefan22

Quit begging what do you think about Berlin LOL

Originally posted by dolfan06
with all the bowl games, i've seen some good ones but i can't remember their friggin names!;)

His name is Charlie Whitehurst. He is a sophmore. :D

Back
Top Bottom