Merged: Phins showing Interest in Henson?/A Rather Interesting Scenario | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Phins showing Interest in Henson?/A Rather Interesting Scenario

phinphanbill

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Phins showing Interest in Henson?

I don't know how reputable the Detroit Free Press is but...

-- Five Teams Eyeing Henson -- from FFMastermind.com
The Detroit Free Press reports The Miami Dolphins are considering making a baseball player their quarterback of the future. The Dolphins are one of five teams to have spoken with the Houston Texans about the possibility of trading for QB Drew Henson, a former star quarterback at Michigan who is thinking about pursuing an NFL career after failing to excel in the New York Yankees' farm system. The Texans are believed to have also received interest from Buffalo, Kansas City, Pittsburgh and Green Bay, according to the Houston Chronicle. The list of suitors will grow if Henson announces intentions to play football, which seems likely to happen if his agents can negotiate a settlement on the final three years of his Yankees contract.

http://www.ffmastermind.com/bits/hot.shtml

The SS seems to have a different take on it. They think the Phins might give a first round pick in THIS years draft. So far I've heard the Texans are looking for a pick in next year's draft. They also seem to think that Henson would prefer the trade rather than re-entering the draft, where I was under the impression he'd rather be drafted.

NOOOOOO!!!!!!! I don't want to get Drew Henson, and I def don't want to give up a First round Pick for him!!!!!

Originally posted by Dolphin Dan
NOOOOOO!!!!!!! I don't want to get Drew Henson, and I def don't want to give up a First round Pick for him!!!!!

I, on the contrary am salivating at the possibility of getting Henson. He's got a lot of talent. I saw him live in the Citrus Bowl and was very impressed. If we've got the opportunity, I hope that Dan/Spielman will pull the trigger on that one!:cool:

He's been out of the game for a while, so he better have an amazing workout to get traed for a first round pick.

I am also salivating over the possibility. There were rumors about Houston having interest in Ogun. If so why not trade Ugon for Henson with an additional incentive/performance based pick in next years draft? It would be similar to trading a #1 without giving up the 20th overall. We could have Henson and Jenkins/Clayton :eek: :D .
If we keep Ugun and Philly offers their pick we virtually have a 2rd round pick for the top AFC sacker:cry: .

Originally posted by dreadlockera
I am also salivating over the possibility. There were rumors about Houston having interest in Ogun. If so why not trade Ugon for Henson with an additional incentive/performance based pick in next years draft? It would be similar to trading a #1 without giving up the 20th overall. We could have Henson and Jenkins/Clayton :eek: :D .
If we keep Ugun and Philly offers their pick we virtually have a 2rd round pick for the top AFC sacker:cry: .

Problem with that is if Ogun doesn't want to go to Houston he won't be going to Houston. He would have to agree to sign the tender, thena lso agree to sign a long term contract with the Texans once the trade was final. If he doesn't want to go he just won't sign.

we can't trade Ogun...he's not under contract...he's a resticted free agent. The only way we would be able to trade him is if we sign him and then trade him...but Ogun's agent is not going to go for that...his agent wants to test the market...its up to Ogun to sign the offer sheet...so if a team like the Eagles makes him the best offer and he signs the offer sheet...guess what...we're $hit out of luck!!! If we decide not to match it...or we can't...we get the Eagles 28th pick. We don't have a say so on what team can or can't sign him to an offer sheet!!!

I'm not sure I'd like trading the 1st round pick for Henson and I hope we get something better for ogun than the 28 pick.

Ozzy rules!!

Danny...I hope we get a least a top 15 pick for Ogun...I would be able to deal with that!!! But the Fins really don't have much control of "forcing" Ogun to sign an offer sheet with so and so instead of some team with a lousy 1st round pick!!!

He's a RFA and he will sign with whatever teams gives him the best $$$...that's what its going to come down too.

The ONLY way I would want Henson is for either a later round pick 3rd or later. Maybe make that one a Conditional pick (aka he plays 50% of the Offensive snaps). I just do not trust him for a few reasons. First he has been out of the game for a few years. Second, he only played at Michigan for like 1 full season. Lastly, He left football bc he liked baseball better. I do not want any player (much less a QB) that does not have the passion/competiveness for football.

Just my 2 cents.

tough call on if he's worth the 20th pick in the draft or not, but he is a 6-foot-5, 220-pound QB with good athletic ability.

"The guy has got three things. He's smart, he's got throwing talent and he's had production at a high level. He did the things he needed to do, and he did them as a junior."
Texans General Manager Charley Casserly

still a first rd pick seems high

the answer is obviously w/he go before #20 if he were in the draft :hmmm:

Back
Top Bottom