Merged: Phins showing Interest in Henson?/A Rather Interesting Scenario | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Phins showing Interest in Henson?/A Rather Interesting Scenario

Makes you see why many people wanted us to be smart enough to draft him last year.

Wanny strikes again.

A Rather Interesting Scenario

According to the Sun Sentinal and ESPN.com's Insider, the 'Fins are considering sending their first round pick (#20) in the draft to the Texans in order to acquire the rights to Drew Henson. I'm sure all of this will depend uon what kind of workout the guy has but this deal should come together pretty quickly if it's going to happen.
Article Link

With that in mind, here's an interesting scenario for all of you: Miami makes this trade and gets Henson, a QB who would have gone #1 overall two years ago. In that trade they send Houston their first round pick at #20. Houston in turn decides-- now that they have two first round picks-- they can afford to go after Ogunleye as an RFA. The Texans sign Ogunleye to a deal that Miami chooses not to match and, as part of the negotiations (remember, teams frequently negotiate which choices they'll be sending in a RFA or franchise tag deal) the Texans give the 'Fins their first round right back to them!

I know this is crazy but, since Houston has been cited as one of the teams that may have an interest in Ogunleye (ESPN the Magazine reported this), this is a scenario that is not only plausible but, perhaps, likely.

At any rate, this should be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
good scenario there , but do u think that is what Houston is thinking? i really hope they are. :lol:

how much would that rule? we get our QB of the future (and after he gets used to the game again, a real superstar) AND 2 1st rounders to spend on a WR/OL....that'd kick so much *** u have no idea, lol.

Why would we want the 20th overall pick back for Ogun, when we should be getting their original 1st rd (10th) according to league rules?

I have no doubt that the front office could make a trade like Ogunleye for Henson if both parties were interested....I think they could get Ogunleye and Rosenhaus to play ball too.

Point is, do we want to give up Ogunleye for Henson? Cuz I don't think thats gonna be Henson's market value when all is said and done.

One thing I'm concerned about Henson is his lack of game experience in the last two years, and his inability to get that game experience here as a backup except a few quarters of 4 preseason games. Honestly, and I know this sounds crazy, I would want him to go to NFL Europe as part of the contract we signed with him. If he's going to be our future starter he needs to get reacclimated to a full season of football.

Originally posted by Oboy
The ONLY way I would want Henson is for either a later round pick 3rd or later. Maybe make that one a Conditional pick (aka he plays 50% of the Offensive snaps). I just do not trust him for a few reasons. First he has been out of the game for a few years. Second, he only played at Michigan for like 1 full season. Lastly, He left football bc he liked baseball better. I do not want any player (much less a QB) that does not have the passion/competiveness for football.

Just my 2 cents.

FYI, Henson didnt want to give up baseball initially. He turned down $3 million offer from the Yankees to drop football and he rejected it. The Yankees then traded him to the Reds and less than a year later decided to throw alot of money his way and he accepted. But still in the Reds organization, he announced that he was coming back for his Senior year until the trade back to the Yanks.

Back
Top Bottom