Merged: Portis Agrees to $50.5 Million, Eight-year Contract | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Portis Agrees to $50.5 Million, Eight-year Contract

mbbransc

Scout Team
Reaction score
Portis Agrees to $50M deal w/ Skins

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Washington Redskins and RB Clinton Portis have agreed to terms on an 8-year, $50.5 million deal. Portis is expected to sign the deal sometime this week.

--from KFFL

Wow, huge deal for him. I wonder if the rumored trade to New England would still be in the works with that contract?

Originally posted by Samphin
Wow, huge deal for him. I wonder if the rumored trade to New England would still be in the works with that contract?

Of course not..............

BTW, that deal is awful.....I can't believe Rosenhaus allowed himself to get rolled like that............

What's awful about it? Portis is the highest-paid RB in the NFL right now, according to Pasquarelli.

Originally posted by phunwin
What's awful about it? Portis is the highest-paid RB in the NFL right now, according to Pasquarelli.

highest paid RB in NFL history.

The last 3 years of the contract are so heavy that you can almost guarantee that he is cut in year 5.........the only thing that is attractive is that MASSIVE signing bonus............

Portis Agrees to $50.5 Million, Eight-year Contract

http://sports.excite.com/news/03012004/v9948.html

I know this isn't a fins related issue, so you can move it but thought it was worth sticking in the main forum so other could see it as it would affect any potential trades for Ogun etc. considering the amount they are fronting for Portis.

lol, sorry if it was posted already...I haven't seen it all day.

On another note, Palmer beat out Kitna for the Bengals starting QB but Kitna says he'll restructure to be a backup for next season......so he won't be a veteran option to bring in for us either (my apologies if that's already on the board as well).

Back
Top Bottom