merged:R.W. McQuarters Released | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged:R.W. McQuarters Released

painnotpleasure said:
Wow! I'm surprised he was released this early. The guy is 28. I was really hoping he would get released... I would honestly be more interested than him and Law (not happening) and Bobby Taylor (probably shouldn't be happening). I hope we bring him in here and possibly use some of the money we'll have from releasing David Bowens (which I hope we release him because I would rather have that money more than keeping him). I think R.W. McQuarters (hell the guy doesn't even need a first name just initials) would be a good pickup for us and I think he would definitely win the starting job opposite of Sam Madison and give us DEPTH especially considering we lost Poole for the season most likely. The only concern I have is the $$$. I don't think we should or even could be overpaying for this guy, and I have a feeling there will be some teams that will to be quite honest. I say bring him in here for an interview and take him into consideration (much like we did with Traylor). Maybe it is just me... but I think he would be better than what we have right now (except for Madison). He would be compete with Howard and Edwards for the starting job and he's 28 years old.

Well, Howard is only 28 and started for a SB team...our problem was Wanny played him out of position (and he wasn't going to unseat PS or SM in Wanny's scheme anyways)...but now that he will be back into a style that best fits his strengths, we might be pleasantly surprise as to how well he can play...BUT...we are still thin at CB and definitely need some qualified bodies for the nickel and dime spots...

McQuarters would come in here and expect to start, but I'm not so sure he can beat out either SM or RH...I don't know why he was released by the Bears either...they aren't known for having great CBs either...

X-Con said:
Last night on Channel 7 News in Miami(Sports Extra), Drew Rosenhaus said that R.W. will be released and when he does, he "expects" him to end up in Miami. Take it for what it's worth.......

Drew expects all of his clients to end up in Miami though.

LarryFinFan said:
Well, Howard is only 28 and started for a SB team...our problem was Wanny played him out of position (and he wasn't going to unseat PS or SM in Wanny's scheme anyways)...but now that he will be back into a style that best fits his strengths, we might be pleasantly surprise as to how well he can play...BUT...we are still thin at CB and definitely need some qualified bodies for the nickel and dime spots...

McQuarters would come in here and expect to start, but I'm not so sure he can beat out either SM or RH...I don't know why he was released by the Bears either...they aren't known for having great CBs either...
I agree, I have high expectations for Reggie Howard if he starts for us this year. I honestly think defenses will be looking towards his direction a lot and expect him to get a lot of INT's. And yes, it was a problem Wanny was playing him out of position, I feel he would be much better starter than at the nickel position. Also, he is the only true ZONE coverage CB we have, and Saban has said he will be looking to play some zone coverage this year. The thing about McQuarters is, he might be too good to pass up on (especially considering we don't have much depth at CB). I say we should bring him for an interview and see if he impresses us... and if he we sign him he will most likely compete for starting job with Reggie Howard. Assuming of course that his asking price is too high, otherwise I think we should move elsewhere (not sure what much there is left out there that's in our price range) or be content with what we already have.

Back
Top Bottom