Merged: Richmond Webb Signs, Will Retire As A Dolphin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Richmond Webb Signs, Will Retire As A Dolphin

Top LT for the Fins in my existence. Probably top 3 All-Time in Fins history.
I kid you not, if he had been anywhere near as good against the run as he was pass-blocking, IMO Mr. Webb would be heading to the Hall. Glad he retired as a Fin. :)

Yeah, you know how Dan Marino is the least sacked QB of all time (per number of starts)??

We can thank Richmond Webb for that.

Good to hear. We were asking whether or not Timbo will be in the Ring of Honor. Well, I don't think there's any question Webb will be there.

If I'm not mistaken, he was the first rookie LT to start in the Pro Bowl.

Welcome home Richmond, it's only right that he retire a Dolphin. I know it's a no brainer, but Nick is really showing his respect for the History of this organization by allowing TimBo and Richmond to do what they need to do to retire and in Richmond's case, as a fin. Dan Marino can thank alot of people for his career and the success that he had, but he need thank no one anymore than that of mister Webb. Thank you Richmond for keeping the left side of the line anchored for all those wonderful years. Good luck my friend!

ChambersWI said:
Good to hear. We were asking whether or not Timbo will be in the Ring of Honor. Well, I don't think there's any question Webb will be there.

If I'm not mistaken, he was the first rookie LT to start in the Pro Bowl.
Oh, there's no question at all about him being in in the ring, and, I think it would be fitting if they put him to the side of Danny that he protected for all those years..

Now here's a future trivia question for Fin fans....Who was the last player of the Shula era to retire a Dolphin?......It was Timbo this morning, now its Richmond!...By the way didn't he retire in 2002....Do you think he just wanted to be the last of the Shula era players? :)

I definitely think Richmond Webb will be in the Ring Of Honor. This is a bit of a longshot, but any chance of Richmond having his jersey retired? In my opinion, he's one of the best Offensive Lineman in the Phins history. I definitely think it's a more reasonable possibility of Richmond having his jersey retired than it is Tim Bowens. TimBo won't have his jersey retired, but I wouldn't consider Ring Of Honor that much out of the question.

I'm impressed with the Fins. A completely new FO and the new guys let him sign to retire, I love it. Very classy.

In fact Richmond may be the last of the Shula era players period to retire, perhaps an asterik is in order if he did indeed quit playing 3 years ago. Anybody know of any other former Shula players still out there?

marino1348 said:
Who did Webb play for after the Dolphins?
He went to Cincinnati. I think he was battling some injury problems and was only there maybe 1 or 2 seasons.

Didn't he already do this? I could have sworn he did...

DanMarino13 said:
Yeah, I was about to say. When I saw it on the ESPN ticker, I was like WTF? He's ancient now. But it's good to see that he will retire as a Dolphin. One of the best Dolphins LTs ever. :)

Not SO. Excellent at pass protection but run blocking left a lot to be desired.

Back
Top Bottom