MERGED:Rick trade to _______ Rumor/sick & tired | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED:Rick trade to _______ Rumor/sick & tired

LAMiamifan said:
Ricky to the raiders for Todd Marinovich

wait... to Carolina for Rae Carruth.... and Fred Lane

Maybe we could trade for Ricky Williams who was a RB for the colts.

fin-atic said:
Insert any team you like. It seems that every team in the league has speculated trading for Ricky so far. The funny thing is it is all make believe and not based on any real talks or negotiations.

Who's up next? :sidelol: :sidelol:

Jason Taylor to the Colts?

I do think Ricky stays here because Saban knows he has great value to us at his current salary but I also beleive that Saban has a price for Ricky and if someone offers it he will be gone. The Titans gave a 3rd round pick for Henry last year knowing that he was in the NFL substance abuse program and would serve a 4 game suspention if he tested positive again(which he did). Ricky is twice the value Henry was and the entire league knows it. So I wouldn't bet the house on Ricky playing here next year. Sorry about the spelling

how bout ricky staying in miami...i like this rumor...

I heard Ricky is getting traded to the Golden Girls for the slutty one Blanche!

BrazForPhins said:
he's not saying he knows. YOU are acting like you know, and you don't. Nobody knows.
If you were thinking common sense you would think:
"We have 2 RB's and no QB, if Saban has a chance of getting a QB using ricky he might consider it. It's a possibility trading ricky if there's value or we'll keep him if there is not."

that's a lot different from "Ricky is not going anywhere". WHO KNOWS? And this is not related to common sense, it's related to "Saban's sense".

ok.....just like i told the other poster, put your money where your mouth is: im willing to make a bet right here that ricky williams stays put, ill bet anything (money, or ill put something in my avatar about you, donations or whatever you want)....its easy to sit around here and talk about things that arent going to happen. and if you were being smart (and not sucking up to your friends on this site) then you would feel the same.

I believe the only big deal to be had is for a QB. The only ones that are that highly rated are Young and Linehart and no one is giving them up for a risky RB and any of our late picks. Last year no one would give up a #2 for Alexander or Edge so what do you think Ricky's value is? After Young than you hit the next tier, Cutler, Coyle, etc. and they will be available without having to give up Ricky. So in the end you end up with a QB and Ricky and Ronnie. I think Ricky stays. Besides, although Ronnie showed promise he did not hold up for a whole season. He was up and down. Ricky is good insurance for injury or another fall off. Ricky staying is the only thing that makes sense. Now after next year he is due a new contract. If he has another solid year then it would make sense.

fin-atic said:
I believe the only big deal to be had is for a QB. The only ones that are that highly rated are Young and Linehart and no one is giving them up for a risky RB and any of our late picks. Last year no one would give up a #2 for Alexander or Edge so what do you think Ricky's value is? After Young than you hit the next tier, Cutler, Coyle, etc. and they will be available without having to give up Ricky. So in the end you end up with a QB and Ricky and Ronnie. I think Ricky stays. Besides, although Ronnie showed promise he did not hold up for a whole season. He was up and down. Ricky is good insurance for injury or another fall off. Ricky staying is the only thing that makes sense. Now after next year he is due a new contract. If he has another solid year then it would make sense.

nice post

Nick Saban doesnt tell the media anything so when you see a real article that comes from within the organization, it holds more weight. So far, all you have heard is that the door is open for everyone as long as the deal is fair. thats it. the rest is all rumour mill BS.

s3an8 said:
how bout ricky staying in miami...i like this rumor...

I think the guy most likely to be traded is Sam Madison. But somehow Ricky seems to be the only one on finfans minds. I wonder why? Ricky Scores TD's. Sam doesnt.

finfan32 said:
ok.....just like i told the other poster, put your money where your mouth is: im willing to make a bet right here that ricky williams stays put, ill bet anything (money, or ill put something in my avatar about you, donations or whatever you want)....its easy to sit around here and talk about things that arent going to happen. and if you were being smart (and not sucking up to your friends on this site) then you would feel the same.

You can bet if you like and there's a good chance that he stays. My thought is that RW is prime bait for a trade-up scenario on draft day. His contract is easy to handle to whomever is interested and he would be a value to other teams. Look, there are reasons that he stays and reasons that he could be gone...IF the right deal comes along, Saban won't hesitate to make a move, that you can depend on (and never worry)....

Back
Top Bottom