Merged: Ricky running hard/Ricky vows to step it up? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ricky running hard/Ricky vows to step it up?

Oboy

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ricky running hard

I don't know if anyone else heard this or if there is any article anywhere, but this morning on one of the local talk radio stations they said that Ricky admitted he had not been running as hard this year as last!? He said he realized last week that bc of all the times he was touching the ball he was not sure if he'd make it through the year!? Almost like he was pacing himself. Can anyone verify this 'quote'? If so Wanny needs to give Ricky a little bit of a break sort of like last year when they used Minor on third downs. Or at least let Travis be in for 10 plays or so a game. We need Ricky at 100%!

''What I did last week is I realized I wasn't running as hard as I have been running in the past,'' he said. ``Maybe some of that is because I was getting the ball so much, I wasn't sure if I was going to make it [through the season].''
:nono:

This is what happens when your only weapon is the rb. Your passing game has to pick up to give RW a rest. Teams have zeroed in on RW this year and your passing game hasn't taken advantage when a team stacks the line to stop RW. running harder won't fix things unless your passing game helps out the run game.

Last years Bucs D was also a scoring weapon and so was the Ravens D that won the championship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by justafan
This is what happens when your only weapon is the rb. Your passing game has to pick up to give RW a rest. Teams have zeroed in on RW this year and your passing game hasn't taken advantage when a team stacks the line to stop RW. running harder won't fix things unless your passing game helps out the run game.

Well put justafan, I just wish Wanny & Norv would see it like that and start actually start calling plays that will get the W secured and also give us fans something to cheer about instead of going *Touchdown, YEA* only to later on go *F*cking 2nd half let down, bring back the 1st half plays*

Ricky was on "The Best Damn Sport Show" yesterday and said that they are going to give Minor more carries to give himself some rest. He was also talking about taking some teammates to see the new Russel Crowe movie because of the leadership mesasge it has. However, he also said that he wouldn't be taking his teammates to go see "The Elf."

Ricky vows to step it up?

:confused: I read on the news wire that Ricky vowed to run harder this week and admitted to not running as hard as he did last year b/c he is afraid he will get hurt Does that sound unprofessional to anyone other than me.......

Wow. Link?

I can't believe Ricky would say that. Atleast publically. It's like calling for all of Miami to grab him by the neck.

All players need to play up to their fullest capability or else they should not be paid. Superstars or not.

Click on news wire, Then click on Miami Herald it's the only article right now.

maybe they should go to last year's formula--use Ricky then Minor on 3rd downs, were they having Williams in all downs bascially to see if he could ge to 2,000 yards????? Or was it because they thought that was the best offensive plan??

Re: Ricky vows to step it up?

Originally posted by mikefan22
Does that sound unprofessional to anyone other than me.......

If you are told by your coach, players, media, and fans that you take to many unneccessary hits it might just effect your play a little bit.

I don't think it was a much a conscious effort to play soft as it was to reduce the amount of late hits that are taken when no more yardage looked like it could be gained.

I think alot of people talked and Ricky listened about "fine tuning" his game instead of being the player that he is.

He is a "battering ram".

Back
Top Bottom