Reaction score
Rob Konrad on WQAM

RIGHT NOW!!!

on the hank goldberg show till 6 pm

Re: Rob Konrad on WQAM

Originally posted by Amin
RIGHT NOW!!!

on the hank goldberg show till 6 pm

Bro, post a summary of what he said, if you don't mind for those of us not in S. FLA.

:(

So far the only good thing he has said is that he hasn't been as active in the passing game because he is being either kept in to help the line or has to "chip" a defender on the way to his pattern.

Or because our coaching staff is smart enough to realize that everytime Konrad gets the ball, he goes down from a CB's weak arm tackle or runs out of bounds.

Yeah, For 255 pounds he seems to break a very small amount of tackles......like zero.

what did rob konrad have to say on wqam

did anybody here what was said on the radio show with rob konrad tonight on wqam??

I think the number of tackles Konrad has broken in his career are best described by a negative integer. I think he actually goes out of his way to be tackled by someone who otherwise couldnt tackle him(That is, unless he has a clear path out of bounds, in which, he will take that even if it involves losing yardage on the play).

dolfan4good basically answered everything of importance.

He was being PC and his answers were very short.

Most callers basically said this:

"Rob (or "Robert" as one guy in a thick cuban accent called him) this offensive line sucks and they should throw more screens to you..."

i think the basic question was are the players scared, pissed, confused or have they just given up and he pretty much answered all of them by saying that the offense is trying to work harder to execute what the playcallers call and that the players themselves are all trying to focus on what they have to do to accomplish their goals.

goldberg did mention that todd wade said the players looked confused... (but i think he meant that about the tennessee game and not as in general)

goldberg also mentioned that there was no meeting between wayne and wanny, instead they talked over the phone. (Theres no way wanny gets fired in the middle of the season. its just not huizengas style)

as stated, konrad did mention that hes not catching as many passes because hes had to stay in to block more and/or to chip defenders. the fact that he specifically mentioned "chip", after the JT comment, caught my ear...

last thing, konrad said he thinks the playbook was actually cut back and NOT opened with griese QBing. (contrary to popular belief)

Back
Top Bottom