Merged: Rogers released / Alphonso Roundtree signed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Rogers released / Alphonso Roundtree signed

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Rogers released

Dolphins | Rogers Released - from www.KFFL.com
Sat, 8 Nov 2003 10:01:32 -0800

USAToday.com reports the Miami Dolphins released KR Charlie Rogers

We all saw this coming.

I wonder if anyone was interested in Roundtree??

WTF happened to Korey Banks? Did he ever get signed?

IMO, he was a lot better than the Phons.

Roundtree is more ready to play and is a physical guy. It was said that Banks was having trouble understanding the defense. And he was a little raw.

This move also gives us some potential insight.

1) Otis Grigsby is likely to be the player cut if/when David Bowens is ready to go.

2) We probably won't sign a LT unless there's an emergency.

3) Surtain's knee might really be acting up.

4) Injuries will dictate whether or not Jamar Fletcher survives the rest of the season.

5) If Surtain's knee isn't THAT bad, Roundtree was probably getting interest. Or Jamar Fletcher is really on thin ice right now.

What do you guys think??

I don't think we'll cut him during the season. I still think they'll try to get a 7th or something for him in offseason.

Surtain's knee is definitely going to cut his career short in the next few seasons. Maybe three.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
Surtain's knee is definitely going to cut his career short in the next few seasons. Maybe three.

I heard that his long-term prognosis was being way overblown. There's nothing "degenerative" about it. Just wear and tear. The type of injury that takes a while to get over. At least that's what was said early in the season.

The Dolphins should have signed a o-lineman instead of a CB, unless Surtain's injury is very serious. We might need some backup for our line.

Actually....don't count on Simmons returning....I think they signed Kendall Newson off the practice squad yesterday with the intention of using him on return duty. I guess we'll see tomorrow what the exact gameplan is though!

I hated that move(Newson). Why don't they give Simmons a chance back there? I hate the idea of a 6'1/4.55 runner back there. Put Simmons back there. Shifty, quick, and elusive = the perfect return man.

Ever tried watching Newson try and shake somebody? Not a pretty sight.

Back
Top Bottom