MERGED: Samuel an Eagle | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Samuel an Eagle

mchaps55

Rookie
Reaction score
http://www.gcobb.com/

Written by Micah Warren
Friday, 29 February 2008
I spoke to a source close to the situation who told me that Asante Samuel is in. It’s done. Per the source, the cornerback and the Eagles have worked out a deal. Samuel is definitely one of the big-time names in free agency this year, and the Eagles were obviously intent on signing him even though this constitutes tampering. That said, everyone in the NFL tampers. It’s a fact. You see free agency start at 12:01 a.m. one day, and they have major deals done by 12:05 a.m. These things just don’t happen that quickly.

hmm....whats the link?

Sheppard? Samuels? 2 small but GOOD Cb's. nice duo

Samuals is gonna go to the team that pays the most. I'm positive hes not signing with anyone till hes sure who the top bidder is. No way the Eagles made such a large offer that he knows right from the start its the best deal possible

im ok with us not overpaying him i would like to see us get drayton Florence

isn't this the same guy that 2 years ago garunteed that LeCharles Bentley would be an Eagle when free agency started?

i dont believe it until it is final
i thought samuel also had a deal done with the saints a couple days ago?

no one knows **** right now

the link was working earlier but reports on another forum saying he got so many hits with the posted news his site isn't working now...Gcobb is a eagle insider and does thing for sports talk radio as well.....Take it for what its worth.

If hes not coming here, would like to see him in the NFC heh, was glad when freaking Clements went to SF too lol.

I hate the fact that I have to work tomorrow....there's gonna be a lot going on.I'm fine not over paying for him btw...we can get a corner on draft day and let him grow with the team

Ozzy rules!!

I don't want Samuel for a huge contract considering what we will have to shell out for the #1 pick. Samuel is good but not good enough to mortgage the farm.

the link was working earlier but reports on another forum saying he got so many hits with the posted news his site isn't working now...Gcobb is a eagle insider and does thing for sports talk radio as well.....Take it for what its worth.

not doubting you since I live in the Philly market (yes Harrisburg is considered a Philly market), but the local media is always so desperate for the Eagles to make big moves, but they don't. They made big moves one year to get TO and Kearse, over the next couple years their big moves were Kevin Curtis and Darren Howard. I'm pretty sure taht this is the same guy that also said the Iggles were locks to get LeCharles Bentley.

I just can't see Philly shilling out the money for Samuels when they have Sheppard and Brown, it's just not their style.

So long as he is no longer a Pat, I fine with it...I didn't expect us to be in the sweepstakes for him anyway...

right now there are rumors of everyone going everywhere, it is a crazy time it is like in baseball with the lead up to the winter meetings where everyone is supposedly going everywhere

it will be midnight in 52 minutes samuel will be one of the first players to go i believe just chill and let what happens happen

Best news of the offseason for Miami thus far.

Back
Top Bottom