merged: SD Not Tagging Brees./Brees Coming to Miami? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged: SD Not Tagging Brees./Brees Coming to Miami?

I wouldn't want Brees, he isn't a bad qb at all, I just don't think he would be a good fit for the team. I don't see the problem with Gus, sure he isn't the greatest qb ever, but he played well enough to win. IF there was a qb in free agency that looks appealing enough to take I'd want it to be Daunte. The guy has a canon and is relatively accurate which would fit perfectly with this team. The injury was bad, but wasn't Marino's? It isn't like he's Vick and runs for 20 yards every time. He'll run when needed. He's a horse and I'm sure he'll heal up fine.

808dolfan said:
hmmmm . . . if you're responding to me, then i guess you didn't read my post carefully.

i never did say that i'd rather have or thought that gus was a better qb than brees.

i just think that i'd rather have gus and his contract (or another guy's reasonable contract) ahead of brees and what type of money he will command!

let's get real . . . the phins aren't gonna win the superbowl next year and probably not even the year after that with or without brees. the win streak at the end of the year is inflated w/bad teams or w/teams with nothing to play for by the time we beat them. so why pay him (or mcnair or culepepper) that kind of money when the money or the draft pick compensation(s) could be used to help rebuild other parts of the team?

this way, we will have a mix of veterans a young players who are all "saban guys." and i do trust saban's judgement with both coaching and building our team. so if he does end up picking up one of the aforementioned qb's, then i'll trust him even if i don't agree with him. afterall, that's what the guy does for a living . . . and until proven otherwise, is great at it!

but personally, i think that gus or another veteran FA qb can tend the team while we groom a young qb who can hopefully lead us to a championship in a few years.

In todays NFL you can't really make blanket statements like you did about the Phins chances next year and in 2007, the teams are not that far apart talentwise and if the right moves are made anything can happen.

NoLimit84 said:
I wouldn't want Brees, he isn't a bad qb at all, I just don't think he would be a good fit for the team. I don't see the problem with Gus, sure he isn't the greatest qb ever, but he played well enough to win. IF there was a qb in free agency that looks appealing enough to take I'd want it to be Daunte. The guy has a canon and is relatively accurate which would fit perfectly with this team. The injury was bad, but wasn't Marino's? It isn't like he's Vick and runs for 20 yards every time. He'll run when needed. He's a horse and I'm sure he'll heal up fine.
I question Dante's team leadership, along with teh cruise, but more importantly he won't be ready for playing time until September or October at the earliest.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Give me a better quarterback available? We could help someone like him with yards after the catch.:wink:

I'm strictly talking about the stated style of offense this coach has already said won't change from last year, if you noticed this team threw deep a lot, that is a not a strength of Drew Brees, so he would not be an ideal candidate to lead this team at all. Favre would actually be a better choice if you can somehow work that situation out.

BlueFin said:
I'm strictly talking about the stated style of offense this coach has already said won't change from last year, if you noticed this team threw deep a lot, that is a not a strength of Drew Brees, so he would not be an ideal candidate to lead this team at all. Favre would actually be a better choice if you can somehow work that situation out.
I bet you that Nick makes a strong run after Brees. :wink:

Fin Fan in Cali said:
I question Dante's team leadership, along with teh cruise, but more importantly he won't be ready for playing time until September or October at the earliest.

We'll that's another reason why I don't understand people want to ditch Gus. Did Miami not just finish with a winning record after having the second worst record last season? However, I think Daunte could change as a person and take over a team. The boat incident, whatever it's outside football and I don't think it really effects him as a player. I'm not sure how far along rehab he is so I can't say on his return time either :D

NoLimit84 said:
We'll that's another reason why I don't understand people want to ditch Gus. Did Miami not just finish with a winning record after having the second worst record last season? However, I think Daunte could change as a person and take over a team. The boat incident, whatever it's outside football and I don't think it really effects him as a player. I'm not sure how far along rehab he is so I can't say on his return time either :D
Dante won't be ready until into the season. While cruise was away from football, I think Brees is a much better stand up guy, very competitive, and is a team guy. Why do you think LT has spoken up for him, and saying the Chargers needed to take care of him?

BlueFin said:
Hey I didn't say I couldn't be wrong, its just my opinion...we'll see.
I know bro, I was just saying, I got a feeling this could very well happen in my opinion. Sorry if I came across the wrong way bro.:D

Back
Top Bottom